Blackout bumper questions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Blackout bumper questions

Post by xcaliber »

Well the customers would have to file a warranty registration that includes where they purchased their crossbow. The dealer would have to prep the bow before it left. I would like to know what was spent on warranty claims vs. sales. I would be surprised if it was less than 3%.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
strum

Post by strum »

I cannot understand how anyone can own one of the theses bows without a stringing aid.
It should either included in the sale of strongly recommended by the dealer.
I agree with Don on twisting those strings up before sending them out..
the funny thing is ..back before the Matrix ..the exo series bows would come with a very high brace height and folk would be asking if the string was too short. now its the other way :roll:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

What about a note inside the box (if purchased that way) and/or an informative letter to all the dealers what the string parameters should be prior to selling? Mine came in the box and had to assemble the limb, etc. Watched the video and nowhere do I remember any reference to the string settings, this on my 405.
I found out all this on this forum.
Matrix Mega 405
ijb

Post by ijb »

I agree with many of the thoughts here. At a minimum, Excal should include a stringing aid as part of the basic package. The whole advantage of the Excals over all the compounds is the ease of adjustment and maintenance that can be done at home without expensive tools. Based on this, why on earth would Excal not include the single most important tool for exploiting this benefit, particularly when the retail price of that tool is $30 and the cost is likely about $5? We are talking about $700+ bows here, so the stringing tool is not exactly going to kill the margin on the product.

In addition to including the stringing tool, Excal should put a big and bright warning sticker on the bow about setting the brace height before taking even one shot. Like others here, I was a bit confused about this and I did fire about 10 shots before I realized that the brace height was way off on my bow. Also, like others here, my dealer did not suggest a stringing aid and thus I did not get one initially. After realizing the problem, I immediately ordered an aid, but then had to wait several days to shoot again. I would have gone back to my dealer, but it is a 45 minute drive from my home and I did not have time given work my schedule. Thus, Amazon was the quickest path.

It would be nice if the dealers actually took the time to adjust the bows when selling them. Meanwhile, including a stringing aid and very CLEAR instructions is the minimum that Excal should do.
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
Boo

Post by Boo »

monstermash wrote:What about a note inside the box (if purchased that way) and/or an informative letter to all the dealers what the string parameters should be prior to selling? Mine came in the box and had to assemble the limb, etc. Watched the video and nowhere do I remember any reference to the string settings, this on my 405.
I found out all this on this forum.
Page 18 of the instruction manual.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/2014%2 ... 20rev1.pdf
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Boo

Post by Boo »

ijb wrote:I agree with many of the thoughts here. At a minimum, Excal should include a stringing aid as part of the basic package. The whole advantage of the Excals over all the compounds is the ease of adjustment and maintenance that can be done at home without expensive tools. Based on this, why on earth would Excal not include the single most important tool for exploiting this benefit, particularly when the retail price of that tool is $30 and the cost is likely about $5? We are talking about $700+ bows here, so the stringing tool is not exactly going to kill the margin on the product.

In addition to including the stringing tool, Excal should put a big and bright warning sticker on the bow about setting the brace height before taking even one shot. Like others here, I was a bit confused about this and I did fire about 10 shots before I realized that the brace height was way off on my bow. Also, like others here, my dealer did not suggest a stringing aid and thus I did not get one initially. After realizing the problem, I immediately ordered an aid, but then had to wait several days to shoot again. I would have gone back to my dealer, but it is a 45 minute drive from my home and I did not have time given work my schedule. Thus, Amazon was the quickest path.

It would be nice if the dealers actually took the time to adjust the bows when selling them. Meanwhile, including a stringing aid and very CLEAR instructions is the minimum that Excal should do.
I'm the opposite on stringing aids. I don't want to pay for an elevated price for something I already have. Many, if not most, people here have more than one Excalibur.
All the information, including the brace height is on page 18 of the instruction manual.
I'm sorry, but I differ in opinion. The single one place where you should be informed of essential accessories as well as full instructions on use and care is the bow shop that sold you the bow. I can't think of one other situation where the manufacturer is on the hook for properly delivering a product to a consumer.
As a side note, I have suggested to Excalibur that they do put reminders on the boxes and they are considering it.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

my wife ask me to take her out to an expensive place, I brought her down to the gas station..... then the fight started :roll:
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Boo

Post by Boo »

cdn.redneck wrote:my wife ask me to take her out to an expensive place, I brought her down to the gas station..... then the fight started :roll:
Tabernak! You are funny! :mrgreen:
But we are allowed to agree to disagree. :D
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

Good one redneck
Matrix Mega 405
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

You can make a very inexpensive stringing aid with some nylon rope of at least 90 lbs strength. I don't want to take any sales away from Excalibur but when you pay over $1000. for a unit...... My son doesn't earn $40.00 an hour and his blackout was in his heart and soul but he does have a limit. There's two sides to a coin, the company and the consumer. Both are striving for the same thing, sell it as much as you can and buy it as cheap as you can. No big secret, it's the way of our world.

So the string limits are on page 18? I thought the video would cover all of that seeing that most companies don't even have documents anymore. BUT it may be on the video too but I don't recall seeing it.
I'll admit though I don't always read the whole instruction manual on a lot of items I purchase, and probably a lot of other people don't either but this particular setting is of utmost importance I think and should be highlighted sooner in the manual and in the box.
I think I'm done ranting, lol. But then again.......
Matrix Mega 405
ijb

Post by ijb »

Boo wrote:
ijb wrote:I agree with many of the thoughts here. At a minimum, Excal should include a stringing aid as part of the basic package. The whole advantage of the Excals over all the compounds is the ease of adjustment and maintenance that can be done at home without expensive tools. Based on this, why on earth would Excal not include the single most important tool for exploiting this benefit, particularly when the retail price of that tool is $30 and the cost is likely about $5? We are talking about $700+ bows here, so the stringing tool is not exactly going to kill the margin on the product.

I'm the opposite on stringing aids. I don't want to pay for an elevated price for something I already have. Many, if not most, people here have more than one Excalibur.
All the information, including the brace height is on page 18 of the instruction manual.
I'm sorry, but I differ in opinion. The single one place where you should be informed of essential accessories as well as full instructions on use and care is the bow shop that sold you the bow. I can't think of one other situation where the manufacturer is on the hook for properly delivering a product to a consumer.
As a side note, I have suggested to Excalibur that they do put reminders on the boxes and they are considering it.
Your argument on having multiple bows proves too much. In that case, why are you not equally unhappy that each bow includes a cocking rope, a quiver and arrows? If you already have an Excal, then all of these are extras that you don't need and for which you pay extra. Maybe the arrows are OK if Excal changes the suggested length, but the quiver and cocking rope are definitely duplicative. Moreover, the stringing aid has to be lower cost to Excal than the cocking rope. Perhaps the answer is for Excal to sell bare bows as well as kits.

For those who have experience and/or other Excal bows, a bare bow makes more sense as you can add just the accessories you want without paying for anything duplicative.

For those of us new to the product and/or sport who need a kit, it should really include everything necessary to use the bow safely and properly and that clearly includes a stringing aid since it is obvious that almost every Matrix bow comes out of the box needing the brace height adjusted and with the factory string additional adjustments are needed every 20 to 30 shots for quite some time.

As for warnings, if there is an adjustment that is so critical that failure to make it can permanently damage the bow, hiding it on page 18 of a lengthy manual does not seem like the best way to warn the consumer. The idea here is to support the customer, not administer an IQ test.
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well, they do say read the entire manual! Also, there is a phone number if questions remain.There are videos here as well. That said, I study what I'm getting into. I had a very good working knowledge of these long before getting one. If people that intend to kill animals, or launch projectiles would spend a bit of time preparing, they would enjoy their time shooting, and hunting a whole lot more. I'm Pro Excalibur, and think that the storm of rookies has been overwhelming for all of the crossbow manufacturers. The difference is Excalibur fixes their issues, and takes care of their customers. Hind sight is 20/20! Instead of bitching about it, step up to help. If you're not a fan, you're on the wrong forum. The marketing people here actually read this stuff, and respond to their customers. Not likely to find that too many places! :shock:
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote: the storm of rookies has been overwhelming for all of the crossbow manufacturers.
How true!
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Yep, it's like the end of prohibition! :lol: As more states loosen the restrictions on crossbow hunting, it's going to escalate. Think back about your first muzzle loader, you had to buy all sorts of accessories to use the darn thing! I think change is driven by necessity, and Excalibur will adapt to the users needs.
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

If I may add my 2c, just the fact that the scopes don't react the same as rifle scopes, it took me awhile to realize that by adjusting the speed ring, it was actually widening or narrowing the spacing between the distance markers inside the scope (except the 20 yard marker), but nobody was actually saying this although they were trying to explain it to me in other ways. That's when I held the scope and turned the speed ring up and down did I see the ranges changing inside the scope. I couldn't figure it out until the "light" came on. I've always hunted with a rifle scope which of course doesn't use this.
Excalibur does a great job explaining a lot of details but there is still room for improvement for the rookies, some of those purchasers are first time crossbow owners.
Matrix Mega 405