help?? at indoor range new bolts do great at 20yrds but...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

youngguns

Re: help?? at indoor range new bolts do great at 20yrds but.

Post by youngguns »

Buzrdluck I was you when I first bought my 380, all over the place . The guys and gals on this forum are very knowledgable they mean no harm they will get you dead on trust me!!!! Welcome to the forum
A stupid question is a question never asked
jd4223

Post by jd4223 »

KegBelly had a very good suggestion.Try a totally different make arrow.Not a different Bloodline arrow from the batch you bought.Using another brand arrow should tell you right away whether the arrows you bought are bad(wrong for your bow),or if there is some other problem related to the bow/scope itself.Also I'm sure you mistook other peoples help as condescending.No matter how knowledgeable you may be,the fact that you had to ask for help/assistance shows you have questions that you don't have answers for.When reading text responses,you sometimes don't get the implied answer that you get when you are able to hear the response.No one on this board was talking down to you.We all are hear to help,not criticize.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

That is correct, and well said. Chris had 4 Diablo with Lumenocks to start with. He was killing the target at the shop, but lost POI when shooting at home. He said all the screws were locktite by him. He resets scope, then it's off again. He is around 480 grains. I think his scope is bad, but it might be arrows now, he is shooting close range, so canting the bow might be a small part of his problem. I'm calling him later.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
roly

Post by roly »

Chris , if you were smart you would listen
to the ppl on here who actually know what their talking about.
buzrdluck

Post by buzrdluck »

i shot off a rest at shop and home, bloodlines are 20" with 3" btv vanes, 150 grain tips..sorry for getting upset yesterday. This is really a pain..after talking to xcaliber seems i may have a bad scope. I do have a Burris fastfire 3 in the safe with nothing to do, would it be worth a try on the 380?
Just Let Me Make It To The Woods

matrix 380
Redfield Revenge
18" zombie slayers
18" bee south shore
100gr G5 Montec
100gr ramcats
xcaliber flemish string
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

buzrdluck wrote:i shot off a rest at shop and home, bloodlines are 20" with 3" btv vanes, 150 grain tips..sorry for getting upset yesterday. This is really a pain..after talking to xcaliber seems i may have a bad scope. I do have a Burris fastfire 3 in the safe with nothing to do, would it be worth a try on the 380?
You have nothing to lose at this point. having a bad scope is not out of the question. if you have eliminated the possibility of a loose mount,I would say it's time to move on to the next possibility.My gut still says a loose screw somewhere(only because I had the exact same issue that you are describing). Mine was on the very bottom of the base attachment for my Hawke XB30 scope. I had to remove the entire mount from the bow to be able to tighten it. you will eventually get this issue resolved.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

He has calmed down considerably since yesterday. Spoke on the phone with Chris on my way to shoot, and he is going to try another scope, one arrow only, etc. Hope he reports back with good news. It sucks that the archery shop loaded him up with bad information, but it happens. He bought the crossbow on the internet, not sure which supplier, but after having problems with the Diablo's, he went to get more arrows, and then it just got worse.

Chris, these guys here will help you out, trust them, listen, and you'll learn plenty. Most everything that can happen, has happened to someone here, and this place is the encyclopedia of Excalibur Crossbows!
Good luck man.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Here's some more advice. :mrgreen:
If your intentions are good, then ignore anyone giving you a hard time.
If you do not have good intentions, then by all means flame away.
If you have good intentions and still want to respond then take a deep breath, push yourself away from the keyboard and respond the next day rather than the heat of the moment. The best way to resolve differences is by PM. Not that I'm perfect, but I try real hard.
Take the high road, it is sometimes rocky, but it's better than wallowing in the mud and scat that you're being asked to wrestle in.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
buzrdluck

Post by buzrdluck »

thx..giving it a break today....complete break down and put back together tomorrow..will post results
Just Let Me Make It To The Woods

matrix 380
Redfield Revenge
18" zombie slayers
18" bee south shore
100gr G5 Montec
100gr ramcats
xcaliber flemish string
Boo

Post by Boo »

buzrdluck wrote:thx..giving it a break today....complete break down and put back together tomorrow..will post results
Smart man!
Still Hunter

Post by Still Hunter »

Hmmm! When I first got my bow getting her dead on was a chore. If everything is level and tight and you are still having problems outdoors than its possible for your cross hairs to be out of alignment ever so slightly. Find a 100% level surface and line up the horizontal crosshairs to that surface. I found it difficult to line up the crosshairs to the limbs. I couldn't get it at 100%. If it's just a hairline out it will impact negatively on an out door range. Especially beyond 20 yards. On a indoor range because of the fact that you don't have weather as a factor it might appear to be perfect. It is possible your scope is tilting to the right by a hairline.

best of luck
Hunting is in our blood, it is our passion. Hunters are all like minded to an extent but its the fact that we are archers that makes us brothers.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Here's a tip. If your scope mount screws are tight and loc-tited, how about the trigger screws? They are located under the stock and will give you the same problems as a loose scope mount if they have worked loose. IOW, the scope still moves..........

Just wiggle the scope mount/scope and watch for movement is an easy test.

Remember also, there are literally thousands of 380's out there w/ no problems, yours will be fixed shortly, keep the faith. :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
crowe

Post by crowe »

sounds to me like it could be a simple cocking procedure issue. be sure it is cocked evenly and the same every time
Boo

Post by Boo »

Apparently he is using a C2, there's no better way of cocking a bow for accuracy.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

cut them at 18"
20" is too long for the 380 and 150gr. field point is a waist :mrgreen:

put a dry sight on, you'll know if the scope is the problem
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton