TOXICs $50/dozen

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ajr1234

TOXICs $50/dozen

Post by ajr1234 »

If anyone is going to shoot toxics this season there is a great deal on Amazon.com. Picked up a dozen toxics for $50 bucks. Seller is BOW MAN. Now they are shipping from China so it may take about a week or 2 to get them. For the price you can't go wrong.
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
262 grain 17" BE Zombie Slayers
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
Backstraps

Re: TOXICs $50/dozen

Post by Backstraps »

There have been knockoffs of those heads and quite a few others coming from China for a long time. I hope you take a good long look at those heads before you ever attempt to shoot one at an animal. I have heard some pretty terrible stories of cheap broadhead failure and the wounded animals that resulted.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I don't knowed where they are made at now. My pack says made in USA. Is it the BH's made in US or the plastic or the printed cardboard ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ajr1234

Post by ajr1234 »

Thanks you for the heads up. I will look into that once I get home tonight. I would hate to wound an animal. Shot a doe last year and my rage didn't open. Looked for 2 days for that deer and found her 3 weeks later about 1000 yards from where I shot her on the other side of a road. It still eats me up to this day.
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I can guarantee those are knock offs and I wouldn't trust them. I received an email a couple months ago warning about Toxic fakes being circulated. It really burns me up that someone can ignore patents and copyrights in China and sell them in North America as the real deal with impunity. Just like the Excalibur 'clone'. Disgusting. This hurts all of us.I'm not attacking you but personally, I don't want to support this behavior. :?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Flying Arrow Archery is working to get the knock off's removed. The outfit selling them, along with the other knock off crap needs to be confronted. There is so much imitation cloned crap coming for overseas it's pathetic. People need to be extremely careful when buying stuff that is priced way below uS manufacturers prices!
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
ajr1234

Post by ajr1234 »

These absolutely were knockoffs. Called Amazon for a full refund and this seller will be pulled from the site. Thank you all for the input because without really looking closely I wouldn't have been able to tell. Under close inspection I found blades were pitted and barely sharp. Again thank you for saving me the trouble and the disappointment that could have followed.
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ajr1234 wrote:These absolutely were knockoffs. Called Amazon for a full refund and this seller will be pulled from the site. Thank you all for the input because without really looking closely I wouldn't have been able to tell. Under close inspection I found blades were pitted and barely sharp. Again thank you for saving me the trouble and the disappointment that could have followed.
Good call. Glad to hear you got your money back and Amazon is pulling the add.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I wonder if "Toxic" failed to trademark/copyright/patent their product? The USA made stuff shown on eBay seems be sold a Cyclone "Toxic", and the Chinese made stuff just as "Toxic".

Could be a marketing disaster by the USA company rather than patent infringement from overseas.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ajr1234 wrote:These absolutely were knockoffs. Called Amazon for a full refund and this seller will be pulled from the site. Thank you all for the input because without really looking closely I wouldn't have been able to tell. Under close inspection I found blades were pitted and barely sharp. Again thank you for saving me the trouble and the disappointment that could have followed.
ajr1234 is my oldest son Anthony. Just so it is clear to those of you tempted to order when you see something that sells for more than just a little less....the package was delivered to my house. It bore no markings of a legitimate manufacturer. It came in clear plastic. I own toxics and they came from the manufacturer with sealed packaging....telltale signs of knockoffs!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Nightstalker

Post by Nightstalker »

ajr1234 wrote:If anyone is going to shoot toxics this season there is a great deal on Amazon.com. Picked up a dozen toxics for $50 bucks. Seller is BOW MAN. Now they are shipping from China so it may take about a week or 2 to get them. For the price you can't go wrong.
Most places I've looked at Toxics are going for around $49.00 CND for 3, your getting 12 for $50.00 and from China no less!. Sorry to say it ajr1234 but in my opinion, they sold you a handful of counterfeits my friend, cancel if you can...