Bad Crossbow Luck

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DryFire

Bad Crossbow Luck

Post by DryFire »

I've been researching my first crossbow purchase for a couple of months. I decided to purchase a used Excalibur to get some string time prior to making my final decision. I recently accepted a contract job in Oregon. Well, it turns out that owning a crossbow in Oregon may be illegal. I've read conflicting information on the internet, but don't want to take any chances. Crossbow ownership will have to wait. No sense in buying something that will be left behind for several months. Just my luck, find a good job in perhaps the only state that crossbows are forbidden. I fly out Saturday, just a few days from the start of deer season. :cry: It turns out that Bowtech is based in Oregon. I don't plan on hunting up there, but would like to target shoot. I think I'll give them a call and get the skinny on the issue.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Bad Crossbow Luck

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

ARCHERY
■ Broadhead blades must be fixed, unbarbed and at least 7/8” wide (except for western gray squirrel). It is illegal to hunt with or
possess mechanical or moveable blade broadheads when hunting game mammals, except western gray squirrel.
■ No device secured to or supported by a bow may be used to maintain the bow at full draw.
■ No electronic devices may be attached to bow or arrow.
■ No device that supports or guides the arrow from a point rearward of the bow string when the bow is at rest (undrawn) may be
secured to or supported by a bow’s riser. Overdraws meeting this restriction are legal during archery seasons.
No device secured to or supported by a bow may be used to maintain the bow at full draw.

This is from the oregon game and fish website . . . this is what's got ya bit! Sorry

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
awshucks

Re: Bad Crossbow Luck

Post by awshucks »

I don't plan on hunting up there, but would like to target shoot.
Think you'd be ok for that......the illegal thingy is just for hunting as I read the regs........
"Eze 18:21"