Pheasant hunting with a crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DryFire

Pheasant hunting with a crossbow

Post by DryFire »

I know everyone is looking forward to deer season, but has anyone taken a pheasant with their crossbow? I bagged one with my longbow and a judo pointed flu flu arrow. It took me all weekend and many shots to actually kill one. I dusted a couple, but you really have to hit then solid to bring one down. One of the birds flushed right under me and went right past my face, it startled me enough that I dropped my bow and arrow. My buddy got a kick out of that and kept telling me, "This spot feels real birdy, get ready to throw your bow!" This was years ago, but still registers as a highpoint in my hunting memories.
awshucks

Re: Pheasant hunting with a crossbow

Post by awshucks »

a judo pointed flu flu arrow.
Good tale! I used to have my mom drag a Tide laundry soap box on a clothes line so I could practice for pheasants, lol. I had a 25# lemonwood long bow.

Since I know of no flu-flu's for xbows, don't expect a lot of posts, but thanks for my memories, lol........
"Eze 18:21"
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

make one up and try it. let us know how they work :)
taz3

Post by taz3 »

I've taken a grouse with my crossbow at about 20 yds. After I shot it, I realized I lost a $15 bolt and broadhead setup, but it was my first harvest ever. 2 weeks later I return with a metal detector to retrieve my bolt! :D
Phoenix Crossbow
Outdoors and Cars
I'd rather be hunting
DonBoldul

Post by DonBoldul »

If you need one powerful enough, then this metal detecting if you feel like you don't have enough lucky to do it, then this one can be a gift from god, you may need to spare your time to come to gain more about it.It won't let you down. And detectorall will provide plenty of to choose.