how much can you twist a matrix string?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

how much can you twist a matrix string?

Post by bobcattrapper »

My 330 stock string so far I guess has stretched about a inch. It stretched about a half inch when new and I shot it some.Put it away for bout 3 months and was digging into baby bumpers.So I set the brace the other day.Today hits the bumpers again.I set it almost another half inch from bumpers today.So anymore creep I hope will stop before hits bumpers again..Will it keep stretching? And does it hurt the string to keep twisting it? I mean to my eyes the string looks thinner now :shock: It does get old havin to keep adjusting brace height.
galamb

Re: how much can you twist a matrix string?

Post by galamb »

My current string has been on for 2 years now and has seen well over 1000 shots.

I can't tell you for sure how many times I have "tightened" it up - to say it was 10 or 12 times is probably leaving a good half dozen times out.

It will continue to stretch a bit as you shoot it and when you start shooting again after laying it up for a while OR after removing the string to relax the limbs once a year or so.

Just keep it well waxed and use a rail lube - she is going to stretch some more on you.

Like I said, mine is 2 years old, seen lots of shooting and it's still stretching now...
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Shotnbeer

Post by Shotnbeer »

They will all stretch for awhile. Eventually it will settle in and you'll have a good one.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have a few that are still stretching after hundreds of shots n some have been reserved n still creepin along
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Boo

Post by Boo »

The rate of creep will get less and less with time and shooting. It is getting thinner because it is compacting, which is one of the reasons it is creeping. Try setting your brace height much higher when you put it away after each shooting session. That will preload the string more and accelerate the string creep.
Some people just like stepping on rakes