plastic and alum.nocks??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

motorcycle

plastic and alum.nocks??

Post by motorcycle »

Would prefer plastic nocks over aluminum but I do not know if the plastic nocks are solid and have no means of inserting a remover into the end the way that you can on aluminum ones to remove them from the targets at the range.I was thinking(at this point) of purchasing Excaliburs aluminum bolts but since they are not in stock I can not check and see for myself.Can someone help/ thanks in advance
flightattendant100

Re: plastic and alum.nocks??

Post by flightattendant100 »

More and more folks are shooting the plastic nocks. They do offer a few advantages. I had a poor experience and shyed away, but am starting to come around a little. I got some arrows from BigJohn that had luminocks in them (plastic) and havent had a single problem. Big john does 'em right.
As for the "remover" get a set of Danny Miller arrow pulling pliers and you will be way ahead.jmo
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

X2 on above post. I have a doz and a 1/2 of BEE's, all have plastic nocks. Luv them.......
"Eze 18:21"
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have both aluminum and plastic nocks. I prefer the plastic. Personally, I don't care for the T handle pullers. Ditto on the Danny Miller plier pullers. I noticed no difference in accuracy between plastic and aluminum but beware, It's a good idea to square all your nocks with a G5 Squaring tool or Luminok squaring tool. Make sure to buff your aluminum nocks as well as you can have rough edges that will eat serving material. The plastic nocks are much easier to just pull out and replace.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
cevans

Post by cevans »

Can you get plastic nocks for firebolts? If so where? Dan Miller maybe? anywhere else,,and what size. ? Do you glue them in?
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

had a plastic nock on my compound break in the cold, might have been issue before that who knows, but it was real cold and broke , after that not a big fan
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

warningshot wrote:had a plastic nock on my compound break in the cold, might have been issue before that who knows, but it was real cold and broke , after that not a big fan
Chances are your nock was already damaged. It had nothing to do with the cold. I've shot in 115 degrees in Texas and -40 degrees in Northern Alberta. You can't really compare crossbow nocks and vertical bow nocks. Apples and oranges. The plastic flat nocks are fine and no problem. Check them for ware or cracks and with aluminums check for sharp edges especially if you're shooting groups. They'll both work and it's personal preference.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I pretty much have changed over to the lumenoks on all my arrows....I know they are expensive...however they are worth it...never had a problem and I have done the installation myself...

....and as I have said numerous times over and over...YOU MUST PURCHASE DANNY MILLER's "ARRA PULLER"...which makes extraction of "arra" from the target a snap (no pun intended) and extinguishing the lumenok a breeze!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings