Rubberband man

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Rubberband man

Post by Masboy »

I have my vixen dialed in out to 40yds. bare with nothing no puffs or stops an loud with a 44 strand fury string . so I tried the S5 an no help at all that we could tell so then got out my big bag of wide rubber bands an put three on each side at the end of the loop serving an a big help but lost thee inches in poi drop at 40yds.

then I added three on each side of the center serving also an much quietier but lost six inches in poi at 40yds. I then took the ones off the center serving an slid three bands on each side over each limb an my string close to the riser an center serving as I could get.they would stretch as I pulled the bow back. shot it an had the same poi at 40yds. as my bare string with a lot less noise.

now thinking maybe instead of rubber bands some good surgical tubing that will hold up well an get my vixen quietier without losing speed . I shot better with all the rubber bands on than I have in a long time so no accuracy loss at all. always playing :lol:
Limbs and Sticks

Re: Rubberband man

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

:)
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
cevans

Post by cevans »

Any pics?
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Interesting experiment,,,,For what its worth my S5's along with my bowjax really quieted my bow down,,,less shock,,,Aluminum Axiom rail in a Vixen II stock,,and a forward riser,,370 grain Bee's,,,TT 2.5 trigger,,,shes a tack driver,,,I enjoy it more not being so loud,,I have to think that the s5's and bowjax make it easier on the limbs and string,,,my 2 cents...good luck in the tree!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Daughters not here an I can,t do pictures :oops: the S5 helped our equinox a lot an I know it,s quieter than my vixen. My vixens a loud little critter ! every time I pick up the equinox I know why when I go hunting I take the vixen . Just wish it was quieter an it may look funny but it will be loaded with rubber bands out hunting till I figure out something better :lol: getting tired of the boys laughing at all the noise it makes when I shoot an saying slow an loud . I say yes it is but sure is accurate :lol:
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Very interesting Masboy ! Thinking outside the box will often pays off . These Excals are loud ! In my experience the magtip bows do well with whiskers and the matrix bows doesn't seem to respond to them as well . A good heavy Flemish string with 3/4 tag ends paired with heavier arrows helps the matrix bows somewhat . They still loud ! Lol ! :D :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Give them bowjax a try,,they don,t drop the speed all that much to make any difference,,,I chroned my set up before and after,,, right now don't recall the readings,,,I'll chrono it again and let ya know,,
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

I'd guess the rubber bands in the center are actually helping increase the power a small amount, making up for the loss of velocity caused by the ones near the end loops.

Best way I've found to reduce noise is use heavier arrows and cat whiskers on a dacron string near the end loops. Both cost speed loss and a more arcing trajectory, though.

I use a dacron string, cat whiskers, and 400gr arrows with my Phoenix which reduces the velocity down to about Vixen levels (just guessing), but that's still good enough for deer at the ranges I like (under 30 yards).
wabi