My new Matrix 380

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotdog

My new Matrix 380

Post by hotdog »

I got my new 380 Friday that I had ordered from Danny Miller. This thing is night and day different than my Equinox. They say it's 1 pound lighter, but fills more like 5 pounds to me, and I love the shorter limbs. I ruined one of b.e.e. should have known not to shoot two arrows at the same spot lol. I had Danny install one of his Flemish strings, and have shot it around 100 times and I've only had to adjust my brace height one time. He makes a great string, i'm glad I got an extra one from him I should be set for a while. Just wanted to thank all the guys that helped me make the decision to upgrade to the Matrix 380!!
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
GrassyKnoll

Re: My new Matrix 380

Post by GrassyKnoll »

Good luck with it...
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Sounds like you have a winner!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

My only complaint with it is the trigger. It's smooth, but has way to much creep. For the money you pay for these crossbows you think they could put a little better trigger in them. I'm in no way downing the bow just the trigger.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
ijb

Post by ijb »

My 380 trigger had lots of travel, was rough and had unpredictable length of travel before firing. I switched to a Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger. The difference is night and day. It would have been nice to have the Trigger Tech trigger (or something equivalent) as stock. However, if you can get past the cost of the Trigger Tech, I expect you will never regret it.
Matrix 380
Trigger Tech 2.5# 2 stage trigger
Redfield Revenge scope
C2 crank
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ijb wrote:My 380 trigger had lots of travel, was rough and had unpredictable length of travel before firing. I switched to a Trigger Tech 2 stage trigger. The difference is night and day. It would have been nice to have the Trigger Tech trigger (or something equivalent) as stock. However, if you can get past the cost of the Trigger Tech, I expect you will never regret it.

Congrats...I fell the same about my M380 and

X2 on the TT trigger...money well spent!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

hotdog wrote:My only complaint with it is the trigger. It's smooth, but has way to much creep. For the money you pay for these crossbows you think they could put a little better trigger in them. I'm in no way downing the bow just the trigger.
Mine loosened up and became sufficient after shooting for awhile give it a chance :D
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
flatone

Post by flatone »

I have watched the videos on their website... But can someone explain the difference in the practical and functional difference between the 2 types of TriggerTech triggers?
Matrix 380
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

I also did not like the factory trigger on my 380. Bought a Trigger Tech Hunter 2.5 pound single stage from Wyvern. As you pull the trigger the single stage goes right to the 2.5 pound resistance then as you pull through the 2.5 lbs the trigger releases. Very crisp and more to the point. The two stage will travel a distance and then hit the resistance and you will then pull through its set poundage until release. So with the two stage you can set your finger/trigger right on the cusp of the breaking point and then touch it off. I have single stage Timney triggers on my hunting rifles and really like them so I went with the single stage Trigger Tech on the 380...and I love it.Worth every penny in my opinion.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

flatone wrote:I have watched the videos on their website... But can someone explain the difference in the practical and functional difference between the 2 types of TriggerTech triggers?
The single stage is also 50 dollars cheaper than the 2 stage.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

Love both of my Matrix bows. Each has a TT installed. Money well spent! I'd love to see that BT influence on that trigger!
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

Has anyone ask to see if installing a TT trigger would void the warranty. I sent Excalibur a email this evening asking but haven't heard back from them yet. I don't want to install something on my new Matrix,and then need warranty service only to be turned down over a trigger upgrade.
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

You should shoot your second string in so as to have a second string stretched and ready just in case :)
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
F250-2

Post by F250-2 »

The trigger on my 380 was terrible. Per Excalibur's instructions, I removed the trigger assembly and mailed it to one of their warranty sites in Pa. The trigger was repaired and sent back to me. Great Job and my warranty is not voided due to installing an after market trigger. The creep and "clicks" are gone. The trigger is nearly as smooth as a factory Browning, Remington, or Winchester rifle.
hotdog

Post by hotdog »

Excalibur just wrote back and this is what they had to say, and it sounds fair.

If any damages are incurred because of the aftermarket trigger, they would not be covered under warranty.

Dawn Douglas
Customer Service/Warranty
EXCALIBUR CROSSBOW CANADA INC.
"The World's Best Crossbows.....Guaranteed!"
Phone (519) 743-6890 Ext. 204 (800) 463-1817
Fax (519) 743-6964
Bulldog 440
Matrix 380
Munch Quiver Mounts
Leupold Crossbones Scope