broadheads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

broadheads

Post by warningshot »

my setup is muzzy 100s with my bolts weighing about 355 grains total which is about 5 grains over the min weight, want to increase my weight but i also like the muzzy 100 s and how they fly, anyone with a suggestion of how to increase weight of arrow. , might have to go tot a heavier broadhead
Last edited by warningshot on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
xcaliber

Re: broadheads

Post by xcaliber »

Did you mean 355 total grains? If you get the accuracy you demand, and you have the K.E. which you should with any model, no need to change. If you want to increase the weight, the easiest way would be heavier BH's.
Good Luck this fall!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Do you have brass inserts up front?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

no insert installed yet and i did mean 355 grains, im told by the bow shop guy that i cant go any lower than 350 as it would almost be like a dry fire, i have been shooting muzzy 100 on my compound and on old exocet and they flew great but havent shot new matrix yet, hopein the fly great. from whatim learning the heavier the better, not knowing lots about bolts would i be better to leave my bolts at 20 inches or cut them down to 18 and put a heavier insert,
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

Using the 330 matrix its draw weight is 220 lbs