Post by Dereck »

Wow great job
looks like it is supposed to be there

Like enormous said one of the best mods yet
Tenpoint Matrix
paulaboutform

Re: A Simple Effective Mod...

Post by paulaboutform »

That's some pretty slick red neck ingenuity! For some reason I was shocked at how good that looked. :mrgreen: Good job, I like it! :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Glad you all like this mod, it's my personal favorite so far! Works great after shooting with it for a couple wks, I'm really glad I did it.

I should have taken a tutorial video when I did it as it's not just dip the stock and leave it alone. I used about 2/3 of the can and used a 1/3 ratio of pumice grit to plasti-dip. You have to follow the directions and dip slowly and make sure there are no trapped air bubbles. Then when you take it out I banged my hand on the stock to cause the excess to slowly drip off. As the coating starts to firm up, you can lightly tap it with your fingers to smooth out the drip tags and any imperfections/air bubbles. If there are a few imperfections on the first coat don't worry, the second will cover it. I thinned the mixture for the second coat slighty by adding more plasti-dip to the tray I was dipping into. I hung the bow stock down to dry for the first coat and then hung horizontally after the 2nd coat. PM me if you anyone trying this has questions.

BTW, this stuff is supposed to be able to be peeled off so if you don't like it don't panic.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Mighty cool idea, especially for the M/380 "blackout" edition....

Just another thing to spend money on! :shock:

Anthony :)

PS: Who says we outdoorsmen(women) don't single handedly keep the North American economies afloat! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings