HOOKS UP? OR DOWN?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

Re: HOOKS UP? OR DOWN?

Post by amythntr »

Deerstalker wrote:"I will continue to leave them down to cock the bow....and face them up do decock it!"

But if you do this then you would have to reverse the hooks when you get ready to cock the CB again. I also leave the rope cocker on the CB after each hunting trip.

????

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

It really doesn't matter which way you place the cocking aid hooks. Bill always used the hooks down method and I have followed his lead. However, some of our techs here tell me that hooks up is better since the string is visible and provides better support.

Both ways work, its down to which way makes you feel more comfortable. :D

Peter
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....so we ALL be right....yippee!

I'm still for down on the "cocking" and up on the "decocking"!

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks peter, This post has taught me a lot more than how to have my hooks pointed. which I have decided along with Anthony and a lot of others. down for cocking. and up for de cocking,But most of all be careful of who you quote here!!!! There seems to be internal wars going on smile,pick your side and let the battle begin, but through the fog I have seen some very good people here that I won't forget!!! And a few i'll just ignore....bubba........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

I started hooks down like the excalibur video showed then switched to hooks up when a forum member suggested it so that you can see the rope seated properly within the hooks.

F
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Hooks up, I like to see its engaged when playin with that kind of poundage.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I can see it now...next year at Boofest a contest of some sort pinning the "hook up" against the "hook down" people....I just gotta get there next year by "hook or by crook" (pun intended :lol: :lol: :lol: )

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
kmaxwell5

Post by kmaxwell5 »

This never even crossed my mind. Always just put them down. But today while shooting with my 5 year old I decided to try up and to me it looks like up will be they way I do it from now on. I can see the hooks better and how good they are on the string.
FireFly

Post by FireFly »

I'm really getting "hooked" on this thread! :D
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

how come the c2 crank is down? I think maybe right side up left side down then we could be right half the time. :lol:
Boo

Post by Boo »

otisbrazwell wrote:how come the c2 crank is down? I think maybe right side up left side down then we could be right half the time. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes