ungluing nocks

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ajr1234

ungluing nocks

Post by ajr1234 »

Unfortunately I glued my nocks in when I made the arrows. Was just wondering if there is any way to get the glue to let loose. Wanted to put in some lumenoks. Glued nocks in with lock tight super glue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
262 grain 17" BE Zombie Slayers
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
Normous

Re: ungluing nocks

Post by Normous »

Screw in a field point and heat the point with a flame till the glue melts and pull/twist with Vise Grips. Heat gradually in steps as not to damage the carbon arrow.
Lightly sanding any excess leftover glue inside the shaft will help seating the Lumenoks.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
ajr1234

Post by ajr1234 »

Failed to mention the nocks are plastic
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

ajr1234 wrote:Unfortunately I glued my nocks in when I made the arrows. Was just wondering if there is any way to get the glue to let loose. Wanted to put in some lumenoks. Glued nocks in with lock tight super glue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I think his father, but mostly his brother Christopher have sold him on the Lumenoks (and the "war paint") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony, I have pulled nocks out, not plastic, but I think if we drill it with a drill bit and inserting a screw heating it and pulling...it should work....

Anthony :)
(your father)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Saw a video that may help you. It involves a 1/8" steel rod longer than the arrow' Remove the arrow's tip and insert the rod through the insert to the backside of the nock, then tap with a hammer. Haven't tried it but it worked several times for the video maker. Mine are mostly aluminum and retained with hot glue or blank Firenocks which press fit quite tightly. But I got a rod (Menards $3.00) just in case.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
ajr1234

Post by ajr1234 »

Thanks guys appreciate the input. Thankfully not a single nock stayed glued. Was able to take a pair of pliers and gently pull all nocks out. Now just gotta order my lumenoks. Did not pull nocks from arrows in my quiver yet seeing as I may go out this weekend should the warden permit. (honeydo list is stacking up).
Anthony
Matrix 380 Blackout
100 grain thunderheads
Leupold Crossbones
TT 2 Stage Trigger
woodmnctry

Post by woodmnctry »

Anybody tried a heat gun or boiling water to accomplish this?
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

all these ways might work just fine... but I only hunt with aluminum arra's
xx75 2219 style. I'm in for the heavyweights thru both front shoulders to cut down on blood trail'n thru REAL swampland here in bycor swamp Alabama !!!

I know, yall got your ways...and I got mine too......... :roll:

I have always used, as mentioned on another thread, 1/8" steel rod 24" long.

but I must add an addition to this.

I use a 28" rod with a lead bullet weight of 200gr attached to the end.

I don't use a hammer...just put the rod down the tube quickly like throwing a dart. and the weight will take that nock, being plastic...aluminum or brass right out within 3 attempts. that's my experience..yours might be +/-
8) :shock: :wink: :lol: :?: :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

amythntr wrote:
ajr1234 wrote:Unfortunately I glued my nocks in when I made the arrows. Was just wondering if there is any way to get the glue to let loose. Wanted to put in some lumenoks. Glued nocks in with lock tight super glue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I think his father, but mostly his brother Christopher have sold him on the Lumenoks (and the "war paint") :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony, I have pulled nocks out, not plastic, but I think if we drill it with a drill bit and inserting a screw heating it and pulling...it should work....

Anthony :)
(your father)
Don't make me post my war paint picture again :lol: . When I was mistakenly sent arrows with plastic nocks(I like aluminum) i used a set of pliers to pull them off . there was not much glue on them though .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads