cosmetic or defects on m330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

boltchucker

cosmetic or defects on m330

Post by boltchucker »

Ok I got about 100 shoots on my new m330 and I have noticed these pits on the front of the limbs opening up. Looks like deep scratches the left one is the worst. Is this a defect on my new bow
racking up points

Re: cosmetic or defects on m330

Post by racking up points »

Cosmetic...mine has them too. To be sure though, you should post a picture.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
boltchucker

Post by boltchucker »

How do you post picture. Keep saying img to big ..
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

You have to upload your pic to an image hosting service like photobucket, flickr, etc, and then post the address of that image using the "Img" tags. You can't post images directly to the forum. Or you can email the pic to someone and they can post it for you.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

mine is same, not the paint job as on my ole bow
deermanct

Post by deermanct »

I noticed that my 330 developed a small blemish on the inside of the left limb. I took some "tacky" glue which is used for fabric and other types of craft projects. It stays pliable but holds well. Anyway, a small dab on the blemish and about 100 shots later, still no problems. I've been hunting with the bow and have taken a deer with it already. Wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on it. I kinda think it's just the paint and not the limb de-laminating.
boltchucker

Post by boltchucker »

The finish on my vortex and axiom is near flawless. Was disappointed in the finish on my m330 especially for the price you pay for these things. But it's like a ugly child still have to love it.
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

It sounds like what you are seeing are just the pockets from the limb molding process. Some have more than others but its part of our process.

Some manufactures use a CNC process that grinds the limbs so you don't see marks however, grinding fiberglass cuts fibers creating a weaker structure. We have found compression molded limbs are much stronger however you can have imperfections on the surface. We think its a good trade off. We have spent a lot of time trying to reduce the marks but we still get them. If they really drive you nuts call me.

Peter
deermanct

Post by deermanct »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:It sounds like what you are seeing are just the pockets from the limb molding process. Some have more than others but its part of our process.

Some manufactures use a CNC process that grinds the limbs so you don't see marks however, grinding fiberglass cuts fibers creating a weaker structure. We have found compression molded limbs are much stronger however you can have imperfections on the surface. We think its a good trade off. We have spent a lot of time trying to reduce the marks but we still get them. If they really drive you nuts call me.

Peter
Thanks for explaining, it's still a "wicked good" crossbow!!!!
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

Throughly inspecting the limbs on my Black M330 shown 4 cosmetic marks on the left limb the right side had none. :D
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD