The Boone and Crockett Club is considering to

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

The Boone and Crockett Club is considering accepting high-fenced bucks. Do you think they should be admitted to the record books

Yes, unconditionnaly
No votes
Yes, but in a separate catagory
30%
No
70%

Total votes: 20

LoneWolf

The Boone and Crockett Club is considering to

Post by LoneWolf »

I found this poll on another site and I thought it would be interesting how other members feel about this. Myself, I don't think it would be fair to the hunters that hunt the wild whitetails in the real woods to go with a "Yes unconditionnaly". In a different category, no problem. But I do not agree with "Yes, unconditionnaly". And I don't agree with a "No" either. I voted for "Yes, but in a different catagory.

take the poll here too.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/outdoor/
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Gary in Ohio

Post by Gary in Ohio »

I don't like it. It would become a breeding contest. Get a deer with great generics, feed him well then shoot him. You could add some kind of 'antler steroids' to the food and get a freak of nature. Then sell the right to shoot it to the highest bidder. I have no problem with high fence hunting so long as the area is large enough to allow the animals room to hide and evade hunters. But putting them in the record books will get ugly real fast.
Stalker

Post by Stalker »

LoneWolf, I think both you and Gary make good points, it would be unfair to have "high fence" and wild anilmals in the same category and Gary is right when he states that some steriod cocktail or growth hormones will be used to engineer a "super buck".... I don't know, I guess I would go along with the "different category" choice..... I'm still not sure how they will enforce that though unless they get some CSI guy to come in and check it's DNA or something.... sombody will try to pull a fast one to get his name in the book.... remember that guy who brought a BC salmon back and tried to enter it in the salmon derby around Toronto.... they did some scale analysis and that's how they found out where it was from..... could get pretty ulgy.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Gary in Ohio wrote:........... But putting them in the record books will get ugly real fast.
..........and the record books pursuit is real ugly enough already..

I do believe that the high fence operations in Texas are pushing this.

Texas is way down the list on B & C animals. That would change pronto if high fence deer were allowed..

It's all about money and stroking egos, not hunting...
Last edited by Woody Williams on Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

deleted

LW