Matrix 380 sight in help ???

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

fellas2

Matrix 380 sight in help ???

Post by fellas2 »

Finally get to shoot my new Matrix 380 yesterday and having a sight in issue. It came equipped with the TactZone scope and I sighted it in at 20 yards with the speed ring set a 380. Dead on at 20, but shooting 8- 10 inches high at 50. Turned the speed dual as fas as it will go to 410 fps but still shooting 4 inches high at 50. Any help would be appreciated.
paulaboutform

Re: Matrix 380 sight in help ???

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmmm. Are you shooting off a proper rest? ie. sandbags, leadsled, blocks, bipod, etc.. Disregard the speed dial initially. Set it to about 360 to start and make sure your 20yards is rock solid. As in shooting dime size groups solid. Once you have that, use your 20 yard mark and shoot it at 30yards. You will hit low. Here's the tricky part, hold your 20yard mark on the bullseye and adjust your speed ring (which is just variable power) until your 30yard mark is on the arrow you just shot. This will get you really close to bang on but you can now check it at 50yards. Fine tune your scope at 50yards and you should be dialed in. You'll notice as you move your speed ring the hash marks will appear to move up or down so you can adjust accordingly. It does help if you have someone available to move the dial while you hold the bow steady while looking through it. Good luck and keep us updated. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
fellas2

Post by fellas2 »

Yep,shooting off a rock solid rest. Sighted in just like the manual that came with the scope and exactly like I did with my Twilight DLX. Only thing I can think of is instead of using 380 fps as my starting speed at 20 yards, start a little higher or lower. Might call Danny Miller in the a.m.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

What Paul said! Works very well!

Good Luck.
Last edited by xcaliber on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

The 20 yard crosshair should be on at 20 yards regardless where the speed ring is set, it's designed so your 20 yard crosshair doesn't change with adjustments to the speed ring. If you're maxed out on the speed ring then you need to dial it down, 360-370 is a good starting point on the dial.
Do exactly what Paul said... get it as close to perfect at 20 yards as you can. Then back up to 30 and shoot your 20 yard pin, knowing you will hit low so aim a little higher on your target. If you don't have a bullseye or dots that high on your target, use a piece of tape or something so that you have a good reference point to aim at again. Then aim again at that same spot with the 20 yard pin and move the speed ring until your 30 yard pin lines up with the arrow you just shot and you should be real close. It took me a while to figure it out too, and I also posted asking for help. This method works.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers