380 with no BH

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BrotherRon

380 with no BH

Post by BrotherRon »

Who should I contact?

I stopped by the local sports shop yesterday and they had a 380 hanging on the wall. I looked at the string and it was completely buried in the bumper....
I mean if you looked straight at it hanging on the wall you could not see the string sticking out of the bumpers. I explained to the guy that the string needs to be set back from the bumpers, but when we left my wife said the guy didn't believe me :(
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
wabi

Re: 380 with no BH

Post by wabi »

You've probably done about all you can do. If they don't want to listen to you there isn't much more to do.

I'm wondering if Excalibur shouldn't consider selling new bows un-strung and including a stringing aid & detailed instructions. Seems like this is a very common occurrence.

(I can remember buying another brand recurve crossbow (I believe Barnett) in the distant past and it came un-strung with a "slave string" and instructions for stringing.)
wabi
BrotherRon

Post by BrotherRon »

By the time I got mine I pretty much knew everything about getting started with it from this site (people on here and videos available to watch) and from talking to Dan Miller. I knew I wanted an Excalibur for my first crossbow and came to this site to figure out which one I wanted. :D
Matrix 310 ~ Hawke XB30 Pro SR ~ TT~Plano 36" All Weather Tactical Hard Case.
Danny Miller Top Mount Quiver.
Strings by Boo ~ nchunterkw ~ 8ptbuk
Jeremiah 29:13 :thumbup:
Boo

Post by Boo »

wabi wrote:You've probably done about all you can do. If they don't want to listen to you there isn't much more to do.

I'm wondering if Excalibur shouldn't consider selling new bows un-strung and including a stringing aid & detailed instructions. Seems like this is a very common occurrence.

(I can remember buying another brand recurve crossbow (I believe Barnett) in the distant past and it came un-strung with a "slave string" and instructions for stringing.)
I have several traditional bows and none of them came with stringing aids. Just say'n :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

excal would make life simpler for all if they shipped unstrung with a string aid and a big p
icture on a paper on how to put the string on..wavern sent my 380
with the string jammed into the bumbers but i ordered the string aid with it and fixed the brace height before I shot the bow..
wabi

Post by wabi »

Boo wrote: I have several traditional bows and none of them came with stringing aids. Just say'n :mrgreen:
Boo,
Are any of your trad bows 290lb draw weight? :lol: :lol:

I can remember stringing my old Vixen fairly easily using the "one foot in stirrup, one limb tip on the ground, grab the other limb tip & lean over" method. No stringing aid needed! When Excal came out with the forward riser that method just didn't work well for me anymore. With the new Matrix models (especially the 405) I doubt if any living human could string one that way, but if someone says they can I'm sure not going to argue with them! :shock: :lol: :lol:

Even a "slave string" will work (I carry one I made when hunting instead of the stringing aid - much lighter weight and cheaper). Excal could include a slave string at very little cost to them and people could upgrade to the stringing aid if they want to adjust/change strings often.
wabi
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

wabi wrote: Excal could include a slave string at very little cost to them and people could upgrade to the stringing aid if they want to adjust/change strings often.
I suspect the ROI for Excalibur by selling the stringing aid separate from their crossbows may in fact be higher than the ROI on the crossbow sale.
As suggested in a earlier thread by the Dude warranty claims made for damage resulting from an improper Brace Height ( is less than 1% ) which from strictly a dollars and cents ( profit) perspective suggests to me there may be little interest in implementing any of obvious solutions.
ie:
Include a Stringing Aid with every Matrix Crossbow Sold
or
Develop an Education Program directed towards their dealers on the necessity of proper brace height at point of sale and beyond. Along with the need to up sell the much needed stringing aid if the purchaser wishes to shot their crossbow without incidents or delays.

Cost of Quality is a balancing act for any company which is always driven by the bottomline.
Ont_Excal

Post by Ont_Excal »

I'm quite sure that the company has done an extensive actuarial accounting with regard to warranty costs and the costs associated with customer satisfaction.

At this point in time they do not care if we don't like the stock trigger.
They don't care if retailers are not completely proficient with their products.
Cosmetics are not of great concern either.
Same goes for the quality of some of their optics.

As long as they have a hard time keeping production up with sales then you can expect the same going forward.
Having said that, this product is still one of the best out there.
Still one of the best companies to deal with.

I'm also lucky to have a great dealer within 50 miles. A dealer who has been selling Excalibur since the beginning and knows the product inside and out. I give him all my archery business regardless of what the price may be at big box stores. His bows are always set up correctly, unlike CTC or any other retailer jumping on the Excalibur bandwagon.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal"