acorns falling = no deer at the feeder

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Sopchoppy

Re: acorns falling = no deer at the feeder

Post by Sopchoppy »

All the hunters native to this part of Tennessee say they have never seen an acorn crop like this year. The ground is absolutely covered, in yards and the woods. Deer have no need to get up and out. Their bedding down and just staying in the woods. They could literally stay in a 100 square foot area for a week and not have to look for food. With this many acorns it may be the rut before they start moving around.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

Sopchoppy wrote:All the hunters native to this part of Tennessee say they have never seen an acorn crop like this year. The ground is absolutely covered, in yards and the woods. Deer have no need to get up and out. Their bedding down and just staying in the woods. They could literally stay in a 100 square foot area for a week and not have to look for food. With this many acorns it may be the rut before they start moving around.

you gunna havta trim lottsa fat from them critters............ :lol: :wink: :mrgreen:
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Most of the red oaks here have a bumper crop. Some of the white oaks do, but not all of them? Could be all the acorns just haven't dropped yet, but it's late enough and we've had some heavy winds recently.

I have a feeling my son and I will be in the "box blind" (permanent wooden blind) that covers a travel route between the bedding area and a white oak grove next weekend. (early muzzleloader season)
We made sure the CVA's scope was still on today. :wink:
wabi