limb splinter

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ZWV

limb splinter

Post by ZWV »

While hunting a couple days ago I noticed a small splinter on the inside of the limb near the edge... it is about the size of a toothpick on one end and tapering to nothing on the other. The splinter is in the limb only the last 1/2"... Is this safe to shoot.. We're right in the middle of hunting season so I hope I can finish up... I see where some have had this same issue... should it be replaced?... This is a Matrix 380 with around 100 shots on it... No dryfires
Thanks....
ds762

Re: limb splinter

Post by ds762 »

ZWV wrote:While hunting a couple days ago I noticed a small splinter on the inside of the limb near the edge... it is about the size of a toothpick on one end and tapering to nothing on the other. The splinter is in the limb only the last 1/2"... Is this safe to shoot.. We're right in the middle of hunting season so I hope I can finish up... I see where some have had this same issue... should it be replaced?... This is a Matrix 380 with around 100 shots on it... No dryfires
Thanks....
Same issue here .. Danny Miller told me to trim the splinter and sand it, keep an eye on it, fill my tags and get it to him for repair after season or if it gets worse.
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Normous

Post by Normous »

No problem, just lightly sand it out and keep shooting.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

ds762 wrote: Same issue here .. Danny Miller told me to trim the splinter and sand it, keep an eye on it, fill my tags and get it to him for repair after season or if it gets worse.
Same here.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
ZWV

Post by ZWV »

Thanks guys .... Just what I wanted to hear
RonnieM

Post by RonnieM »

Same here
"He is not a fool to gives the things he cannot keep, to gain the things which he cannot lose"