Anyone else have problems with matrix 405??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dozer85

Anyone else have problems with matrix 405??

Post by dozer85 »

Hi just wondering if anyone else has had problems with the new matrix 405 and how their problems were handled by Excalibur? I recently purchased mine about 3 months ago and I am having issues with a limb cracking, the scope dial lock doesnt work, and the one limb tip is starting to separate.
I tried to contact Excalibur through email about 4 days ago with no response. Tried to phone them 2 days ago, left a message and no response.
I have been a Excalibur customer for years this being my third Excalibur bow and was expecting a lot better product and service then I am currently experiencing!! Maybe Its time to change brands
Normous

Re: Anyone else have problems with matrix 405??

Post by Normous »

This is the busy season for Excalibur in all departments and returning phone messages like yours are a bit behind. Dawn Douglas who's extension is #204 is running the warranty department and if you have read this forum much you will notice how quickly and efficiently problems get fixed.

Also, have you used the new Customer Service System posted above? It works well I hear.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
tremps01

Post by tremps01 »

Normous wrote:This is the busy season for Excalibur in all departments and returning phone messages like yours are a bit behind. Dawn Douglas who's extension is #204 is running the warranty department and if you have read this forum much you will notice how quickly and efficiently problems get fixed.

Also, have you used the new Customer Service System posted above? It works well I hear.
X2
Micro suppressor 355
Boo string force 10.
Drstirrup complete kit.
Marcel
dozer85

Post by dozer85 »

Ok thanks, I tried ext#204 Dawn Douglas a couple days ago with no response but I will try to go through the customer service center and hopefully get better results.
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

I love my 405 and wish I had 2 :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I shot Kong from the cabin door some today to make sure the scope was on enuff to hit my target at 10 & 20 yds. My Morrell yellow jacket bag target can't handle many shots from Kong up close. Went in a foot at 20 yds. So fer my 405 is doing well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Like Normous has said, this is very busy time for Excalibur. I've heard that they are taking 100-200 calls a day plus an equal amount of emails, not to mention all the repairs they need to deal with.

The online customer service should yield a more timely response.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You will be looked after.
They are busy right now, changes are happening.
The "Excalibur" sign is off the building and they are now housing Bowtech bows in there as well. I am sure lots of new training and space issues are at play here.
Some cool stuff coming down the pipes though!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

ComfyBear wrote:Like Normous has said, this is very busy time for Excalibur. I've heard that they are taking 100-200 calls a day plus an equal amount of emails, not to mention all the repairs they need to deal with..
???????????????????
HorizontalArchr

Post by HorizontalArchr »

If you are in the US than I'd just call Danny Miller. He will fix you up in no time. (740) 483-2312. If you don't know him just search for his name under this forum. He is a pleasure to deal with and has really fast turn around time. If the bow is new you might also try to just exchange it from where you bought it at.
Matrix 380
Triggertech Matrix Hunter
Matrix Munch Mount
2012 Vortex
18" Zombie Slayers
100 grain Magnum Slick Tricks
Twilight scope
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes this year please be patient and we will get back to you. The fastest way for us to help you is to utilize our customer service system (link top of our home page) and create an RMA. We will then have all your information in our system and look after your problem immediately. We are getting hundreds of emails a day plus an equal amount of phone calls with only Dawn and I trying to handle them. We will be expanding our customer service staff but for now we are doing our best to look after everybody. Remember, if you live in the Kitchener area or within driving distance we can look after any repairs quickly if you are able to bring you crossbow to us. We appreciate your patience.

Regarding the 405, no we have not had much trouble with that model. The biggest issue was the recall but that was only the first 1000 units. Other than that, the 405 has been doing very well warranty wise.

Peter
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My wife asked me why I need 2 crossbows! I explained that I never want to be out of commission because of a broken bow. AM I worried about my Matrix 355 failing me? Not at all. If it does break I am sure it will be self induced....

So there you have it.

Did I mention the Matrix 330 would make a heck of a back up bow... LOL
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

From past experiences, I know Excalibur and Peter wish to please. So, if I'd have any trouble with my 405, I know I would be taken care of in a timely fashion.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
dozer85

Post by dozer85 »

I went through the customer service and got a reply the other day and they want me to mail it to them to have it fixed. I think I might just wait till the end of deer season now, hope it doesnt get any worse and drive it down to Kitchener myself. Dont really want to be without a bow for too long this time of year.
warningshot

Post by warningshot »

bought my bow about a month ago and had question for excal, they got back to me the next day, i chalk it up to busy due to hunting season and high vol of bow sales