Quality Issues Waiting to Happen...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

one shot scott

Re: Quality Issues Waiting to Happen...

Post by one shot scott »

quickbiscuit wrote:
one shot scott wrote:You seem to take my responses as a direct insult towards you quikbiskit. Actually I think u did do your homework.
Not at all, and I apologize if I came off too defensive. We're on the same page here. I was just arguing that blame should not be placed on the consumer in this situation.
wheew, good!
I think we both agree that the info is there to be found. As well as: Excalibur could make it more obvious. maybe.....pg1? in bold? :lol:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

:idea: I think I really need to reduce stress in my life so I could have more time to care or be concerned about what other people do. Especially when it comes to big businesses. :lol: :lol:
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

geez wheeler, you log in just to bust our chops a bit?
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
884savage

Post by 884savage »

My 380 was digging into the REDS hard when I got it. I sighted it in at BassPro, and I hadn't sat down and read the manual at the store before walking into the range. I shot it one day at home that way as well before I stumbled onto info about it here, and if you go back and read my post here, I got 3 responses as to why I didn't want the string digging in to the bumpers. Not one of them mentioned an issue with damage to the bow. They all just said it would wear out the REDS quickly. I feel fortunate I didn't shoot the bow much before driving an hour to get the stringing aid to increase the brace height. My bow also came with an outdated manual for a different Excalibur bow. I'd have thrown a world class hissy fit if the limbs shattered a week in or even worse at BassPro. I also test shot every Excalibur before buying, and the chance those bows were set correctly is slim. If the issue is that extreme, Excalibur runs the risk of a bow shattering while being test fired, and that usually helps sell a product. It also is a perfect case for a huge lawsuit if broken in store. I see this as 100% an issue for Excalibur to remedy, and I agree it could be done with a sticker on the string.
Dereck

Post by Dereck »

I work for one of the largest Auto plants in north America and we put all kinds of stickers and warning labels on our vehicles to educate the cust.

This should be something Excal as a company should be doing that it is an easy fix to a concern brought forward by their cust.

if a stringing aid is a must then it should be included IMHO
Tenpoint Matrix