Crossbow targets for broadheads?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

warningshot

Re: Crossbow targets for broadheads?

Post by warningshot »

stay away from hurricane bag targets, i have one and arrows go thru and bolts too
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

warningshot wrote:stay away from hurricane bag targets, i have one and arrows go thru and bolts too
^
This. And I will add: the ones that don't blow thru are a #^**+% to remove. Dag gum I hate that bag somefin fierce!

(They use a foam backed fabric that puts a death grip on arrow to feild tip) wow. Makes my blood boil just thinking of that target bag....
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
QuitShootinYoungBuks

Post by QuitShootinYoungBuks »

I got the Rinehart xbow2Go and its a bear getting the arrows out from a 20yd shot from my Matrix 380. Will try soaping or PAM-ing the arrows next session.
Matrix 380 LSP
ds762

Post by ds762 »

X7...is that the same as RX-7 ??
I had one once apon a time and it was rotary BADASS !!! :mrgreen:
+1
M380 ---"Mjolnir"
Vendetta RF
BEE

>>>--------->
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I will change things up a bit. I bought a BLOB target about 4 years ago just for BH and it is the most unbelievable BH target i have ever shot at. I have put literally hundreds upon hundreds of shots on this thing and it still is in 95% new condition.

I am also shooting probably the fastest production bow out. Scorpyd SLP 165. This thing shoots 436 gr GT III pro's at 433 FPS. The target is about 10 to 12 inches thick and i have NEVER EVER seen any arrow sticking out the back. I usually get about 6 to 7 inch of penetration.

the bad about this target is its heavy. There are a couple sizes and i think i got the mid size one and its around 60 lbs or more. But it will stop anything you through at it.. also do NOT shoot field tips in it. I was told not to and I don't as its supposedly tuff to get them out. To pull out BH is not bad at all. You have to pull a but but really is a non issue. Comes out good to me.

I may literally NEVER have to buy another BH target EVER AGAIN.

Best of luck

Brian

I AM NOT ASSOCIATED with them in any way shape or form but just a very happy customer.
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

18n1 target has lasted me 5 plus years . Many shots with broadheads and field points . I had my 1st pass thru this year while shooting my M380 ( with Zombie slayer arrow and 125 grain ramcat ) . This target is hard to beat . Still works great with vertical bow .
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

I use the block of styro from walmart for 15.00 bucks in the red/white/blue plastic covering when I do my BH shooting....but I only shoot BH's to make sure they go where they are to go....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
tammie

Post by tammie »

18 n 1yep been dragging mine around for years :D
matrix 380 w grim reaper 125 grain (midevil 2) equinox w boltcutter 150 grain (midevil 1)