How do you pull a bow with 240lb ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8up

How do you pull a bow with 240lb ?

Post by 8up »

Hey Guys I have been out of the game for a while. I shot a Vortex but it was stolen this spring by a prescription addicted junkie. I have started looking for a new bow or new to me bow.

I see these Matrix's and have no idea how I would pull one back. Did they develop a different system to cock them?
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
strum

Re: How do you pull a bow with 240lb ?

Post by strum »

8up wrote:Hey Guys I have been out of the game for a while. I shot a Vortex but it was stolen this spring by a prescription addicted junkie. I have started looking for a new bow or new to me bow.

I see these Matrix's and have no idea how I would pull one back. Did they develop a different system to cock them?
if you could pull the vortex back then the 355 should be no problem..the 380 and 405 are a little more but not much..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
quickbiscuit

Post by quickbiscuit »

Coming from a compound crossbow with a 185 lb pull, I honestly don't think the pull weight of my Matrix 380 is much worse. I suppose the only difference is that there is no let-off with the recurve, so you've got to grit your teeth and get the string all the way to the top, with no relief until it clicks. I think the shorter cocking rope included with the Excalibur makes it just as easy compared to the standard length ropes included with the compounds that I've seen.
Excalibur Matrix 380 Xtra
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

quickbiscuit wrote:Coming from a compound crossbow with a 185 lb pull, I honestly don't think the pull weight of my Matrix 380 is much worse. I suppose the only difference is that there is no let-off with the recurve, so you've got to grit your teeth and get the string all the way to the top, with no relief until it clicks. I think the shorter cocking rope included with the Excalibur makes it just as easy compared to the standard length ropes included with the compounds that I've seen.

x2

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

8up wrote:Hey Guys I have been out of the game for a while. I shot a Vortex but it was stolen this spring by a prescription addicted junkie. I have started looking for a new bow or new to me bow.

Hey man first how you been, You can handle a 330 with no problems, if I remember right you were having a few Doctor visits, good to see you.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
8up

Post by 8up »

Yes Wes, How have you been?

They still say I need rotators cuff surgery. I failed my heart stress test but when they took my blood work before doing my Angeoplasti is showed high levels of creatine and something else that meant my kidneys weren't functioning right. So they took away all anti inflammatory drugs which controlled my pain better than the narcotics.Another condition is causing loss of muscle mass.

So instead of sitting hear on the couch I am going to get in the woods. Now I just have to come up with a crossbow I can afford, light as possible and the narrower the better. So I am looking at all makes and models. Time is a factor to as our chasing will start in a week.
2008 Excalibur Vortex, Lumizone, STS
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Give Danny Miller a call 740 483 2312 and talk to him about the 310 or 330, good luck and glad your healthy.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers