storing your crossbow without string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

storing your crossbow without string

Post by bobcattrapper »

I know when we take a string off or on or twist we have the stringing aid on.What I need to know is if I take my string completely off and then relax the stringing aid...Will the limbs relax so much that I won't be able to get my stinging aid off do to it stretching out more on each end? Or will there still be enough slack in the stringing aid to take it off? Hope I don't confuse anyone. :mrgreen: And thanks!
kamont

Re: storing your crossbow without string

Post by kamont »

Yes you should be able to remove the stringing aid. I believe you have to remove the dissipater pads also.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

If its on one of the Exo series bows with disapator bars, be sure and take the pads off before you unstring it, or you can bend 'em. just a thought
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

just on my matrix 330.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Put the stringing aid on and cock it, remove string, decock the stringing aid, same as decocking the bow. I've done it on the 380, it works fine. If your rope is too short, recock the stringing aid, put the string back on, decock, and lengthen the stringing aid rope and try it again.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

my new exocet from 2008 has had a string on it since I put it together, no harm at all :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

As long as you have not trimmed off the excess rope on the stringing aid there should be plenty available to adjust the lenght such that you can remove the string and relax the limbs and perform any necessary string adjustments.
Galgo

Post by Galgo »

It has to be long enough to fit over the ends with no strings or else you could not use it to put the string on. Just check to make sure it is adjusted to the correct length. With out a scientific measurement - it needs to be long enough just to pull the limbs in enough to allow you to remove the string. That would essentially have it at its maximum length. Hope this helps.

F