Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

A MAN'S man, Sargent at Arms, Kevin Vickers

Post by agingcrossbower »

galamb

Re: A MAN'S man, Sargent at Arms, Kevin Vickers

Post by galamb »

For those of you who don't really understand what the "Sergeant at Arms" is/does -

In our Federal government system/style, which is more properly known as the Westminster Parliamentary System, the Queen (currently) is head of State with her "representative" being the Canadian Governor General.

Parliament, or the House of Commons is our elected representatives ("common" folk unrelated to the Crown or royal family) who make the laws which come into effect when they receive "Royal assent", after passing through the Senate, from the Governor General (So "in theory" the Queen still has final say).

Historically, the Sergeant at Arms is meant to guard the "house of commons" (our elected members) from "in person" interference by the Crown. The position was created possibly during the reign of King John (ca. 1200) but certainly no later than the early 1400's.

Today, in Canada, our Sergeant at Arms is the head of Parliamentary security. In this case, Mr. Vickers is a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officer and fortunately still carried (or had immediate access to) his pistol.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

My heart aches for all the families that were affected by this tragedy. I'm truly finding it very hard to understand how there can be this much hate in the world. I'm sure Mr. Vickers will have nightmares for the rest of his life.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

galamb wrote:For those of you who don't really understand what the "Sergeant at Arms" is/does -

In our Federal government system/style, which is more properly known as the Westminster Parliamentary System, the Queen (currently) is head of State with her "representative" being the Canadian Governor General.

Parliament, or the House of Commons is our elected representatives ("common" folk unrelated to the Crown or royal family) who make the laws which come into effect when they receive "Royal assent", after passing through the Senate, from the Governor General (So "in theory" the Queen still has final say).

Historically, the Sergeant at Arms is meant to guard the "house of commons" (our elected members) from "in person" interference by the Crown. The position was created possibly during the reign of King John (ca. 1200) but certainly no later than the early 1400's.

Today, in Canada, our Sergeant at Arms is the head of Parliamentary security. In this case, Mr. Vickers is a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officer and fortunately still carried (or had immediate access to) his pistol.
Good read. Thank you Sir.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Great read, thank you for educating me, and some others on the system in place in Canada. Very sad on the part of the families affected by these terrorists. There is no shortage these days of misled individuals using their freedoms granted to them by those who fight to secure their freedom, allowing them to use it in the most horrific manner. I wish I had an answer to a method to stop, or even slow these types of attacks.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
rein1

Post by rein1 »

Canadians has a Sargent of arms ,, Americans have Obama who do you want on your side when the shtf ????
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

It is hard to knock my President in times like this, and he has proven to be resilient in the wake of some trying times.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I tip my hat to this man and all the other brave men and women who ran down that hallway towards the sound of gunshots!! Thank you.

I am also very pleased that Mr Vicker's pistol skills are so sound!! Well done sir.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
BeerNutz1960

Post by BeerNutz1960 »

Thanks to our Service Men & Women.
2011 Exocet 200 lite Package
Fire Bolts
125 gr Rage 2 Blade Cross Bow
Stock Excal String
S5 System
Amazed by this Weapon
DaGriz Knife
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

I Salute Mr. Kevin Vickers- A true Hero in every sense of the word- God bless him and his family !!!!!
Boo

Post by Boo »

Mr Vickers will have left a long lasting footprint on his earth.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

rein1 wrote:Canadians has a Sargent of arms ,, Americans have Obama who do you want on your side when the shtf ????
Sergeant at Arms Vickers is a true hero.

Americans have Americans and her allies! When the "shtf" the men and women of the armed forces will have my back and your back.
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

A brave man indeed.
& thanks for a excellent description of the Sergeant at Arms.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
rockyhollowhunter

Post by rockyhollowhunter »

one shot scott wrote:A brave man indeed.
& thanks for a excellent description of the Sergeant at Arms.
Well said
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Yes I'm bringing this thread back to the top. I found this today and thought I should post.

Hearing gunshots, Vickers grabbed his side arm, an automatic pistol, and immediately ran out. His security team, who had been chasing Bibeau, yelled to Vickers that the suspect was hiding in the alcove.

Vickers immediately ran behind the other side of the pillar. That put him an arm's-length away from Bibeau.

According to guards, Vickers actually could see the barrel of Bibeau's gun pointing out, a foot away.

Vickers did not hesitate.

In one motion, sources told CBC News he dove to the floor around the pillar, at the feet of Bibeau, turning on his back as he landed and simultaneously firing his weapon upwards at Bibeau.

Bibeau was hit multiple times and fell to the ground. Vickers kept firing, emptying his entire clip.

IMPRESSIVE
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-