The new Vortex cross bow scope - anyone have one?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

The new Vortex cross bow scope - anyone have one?

Post by Hunt it »

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these? I love my crossbones but am having tough time with the distance plex's showing up on dark game. The Vortex has lighted plex's. Nor cheap but looks like a good unit.
hard2draw

Re: The new Vortex cross bow scope - anyone have one?

Post by hard2draw »

I have had a XBR mounted on my nox for a couple of months now and i am happy with its performance. It gives a nice clear sight picture from edge to edge with accurate colors. The reticule illumination has enough adjustment to suit most conditions.
My only regret was that i didn't order the switchview sv-2 when i ordered the scope as the magnification ring is stiff to turn
Most places have the XBR at $600 some are throwing in vortex rings as well

Some other nice things about the XBX no plastic turret covers, doesn't come in a bubble pack,no hinky velocity/magnification limitations and don't forget vortex's no fault lifetime warranty
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

H2D covered it pretty well.

I have had one on my 405 for about 2 months and love it. In fact last week I picked up a second one to replace the Twilight on my 380.

By far the best scope I have ever used on a crossbow for low light conditions. First time I used it was in the rain and at 30 minutes past sunset (end of legal light) from inside a ground blind I could still easily pick out out and if so inclined shoot at a black squirrel at 50 yards.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Hunt it
Location: 35 mins North of Lake Erie and 35 mins East of Lake Huron

Post by Hunt it »

Thanks, all I have read looks good. Where are you getting yours from anyone in Ontario stocking them?
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

I ordered mine from my local hunting shop in Orangeville. He does not stock them but could get them within 2 days when asked.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend