broadheads and the new micro 335

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JR

broadheads and the new micro 335

Post by JR »

I just picked up the new micro 335 and all i can say is wow! I walked in the store to pick up some last minute supplies. They had just assembled the new micro and I just had to have it. I'll be going to the range tomorrow to sight it in and was wondering if i can safely use my 125 gr rage broadheads without fear of them opening up in flight or should i stick with the 125gr montecs that i use with my exomax?
Thanks in advance,
-JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
xcaliber

Re: broadheads and the new micro 335

Post by xcaliber »

First off, jealous! :lol: I would use the Montecs, they fly great, and no worries on the killing ability.
Congrats on the newest, meanest little hunting machine in the land.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
way123hockey

Post by way123hockey »

Welcome to the "I just picked it up to see how it felt and couldn't put it down" club. It's an awesome bow for sure.
Matrix 355 Blackout
Katana 385 BlackOps
Custom Black Vixen
Vixenmaster Strings
Munch Mounts
Wabi Calls
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

This Micro Bug thats infectin everyone is terrible! You say whats terrible about it ? Well i have no funds to purchase one of them. I jus used up my samolians buyin Kong, :D Now no Micro, :(
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JR

Post by JR »

I have to admit that the feel and size of this amazing xbow will br at the top of alot of people's list of must haves. I love my exomax. It has never let me down performance.and accuracy wise but in my doghouse blind which i use for quick hunts it limited my shooting mobility. I don't think that will ever be an issue again. :mrgreen: I don't think I'll sleep tonight. 9am is a long time to wait to get to the range........ C'mon 9am......... Thanks for the input. Might just take both to the range and see how they both do....

-JR
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Sweet dreams bud! :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

JR wrote:I have to admit that the feel and size of this amazing xbow will br at the top of alot of people's list of must haves. I love my exomax. It has never let me down performance.and accuracy wise but in my doghouse blind which i use for quick hunts it limited my shooting mobility. I don't think that will ever be an issue again. :mrgreen: I don't think I'll sleep tonight. 9am is a long time to wait to get to the range........ C'mon 9am......... Thanks for the input. Might just take both to the range and see how they both do....

-JR
Well......c'mon Jr, let's have the goods. How'd it go? :mrgreen:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
JR

Post by JR »

All went as expected. (It's an excalibur! :D ) I decided to use my 125gr montecs. 5 shots to zero, another 20 to confirm zero, then another 20 just to confirm the first 25.... Lol. This micro is the cat's meow. It's amazingly well ballanced and an absolute joy to shoot. It didn't feel small at all. It's actually more comfortable than my exomax. After the initial zeroing I came back home and set up my block for 40 yards. 3 shots later... Tadahhhh, good to go! Then I set up for 50 and 60 yards and again, no surprise. I think my exomax will be sitting in the shop for a long time. I went to the archery shop for the initial 20 yard zeroing to play it safe. The shop only brought in the xbow with no spare bolts (quills). They are now on order along with an extra string. I like to keep some extra on hand just in case.
- JR
vaXbow

Post by vaXbow »

Slick Trick standards are awaiting my Micro this weekend.
The Horizontal Zone
[email protected]