Rage nockturnal flat nock FAIL!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kmaxwell5

Re: Rage nockturnal flat nock FAIL!!

Post by kmaxwell5 »

I bought into the lighted nock hype when I had my Horton Legend Xbow. But it didn't last long. I haven't used them in forever and probably never will use any again.
galamb

Post by galamb »

To answer the question, NO I wouldn't continue to shoot them. But that isn't the point I was trying to make.

This thread was drifting very close to a "bash fest" of these nocks and it may leave some users questioning their set-up if it includes them.

And the last thing you want when you are in the stand with the "buck of life" in front of you is to be wondering IF all those "opinions" will effect your arrow.

As with anything be it a nock, bolt, broadhead etc, if it malfunctions or otherwise doesn't stand up to what I consider "my standard" I will not use it.

I will even relay why I choose not to use it. Rage broadheads, used by thousands of archery hunters are a prime example. I won't shoot them. I have found they have potential issues that other heads just don't have.

But I wouldn't openly bash them or tell others not to use them.

You can relay results without passing "judgement" on them.

If everyone who shot these had a similar experience then it would be safe to conclude that they are "junk" and unsuitable for their intended use.

In this case the arrow misfired because of "some reason" (and could have well been the nock alone or a combination of a couple of things) and the arrow was damaged.

My point is, based on this single experience, if we decide that it's unsuitable for "everyone" to shoot, then we best stop using just about every nock, arrow and broadhead on the market - for they have all failed under different circumstances.

Those who think these nocks are "junk" have just had their opinion reinforced.

Those who love them will pass this off as unfortunate exception "probably not caused by the nock at all"

For the rest of us, and particularly those who may consider giving them a try at some point, and deciding for ourselves gain nothing from either opposed opinion.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

x2on the new fletch or lumen nock
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....wow....if one has to read a college thesis paper as per above in order to get the "failturnals" to work...I would highly suggest the KISS principle and purchase the Lumenoks which just DO NOT fail or the Ignitors which others are extremely happy with....your choice!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
cevans

Post by cevans »

If I were shooting a vertical bow,,I would enjoy shooting this nock. If I were using moon nocks, this would be my go to....lighted nock. They have a great way of turning the nock on without shooting it,,and turning it off after shooting it. It has a on/off switch on the side that you use anything pointed to slide up or down. Super easy to install. Moreso light weight also compared to others. I really like the nock except for the partial dry fires that were the big letdown on the flat nock version.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
JR

Post by JR »

Just a thought here. Did you remove the factory nock prior to installing the nockturnals or was it a bare shaft and assembled. The reason i ask is, perhaps you may have cracked or damaged the shaft while removing tbe factory nock prior to installation of the nockturnal. A cracked shaft will open up as the string drives the nock into the shaft. It was the first thing i thought after i saw the pic..
-JR
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]