Toxic 100gr BH from 12 pt

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

Toxic 100gr BH from 12 pt

Post by vixenmaster »

I am loadin up 3 pic's, i dislike any BH that does this!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Pasidewinder

Re: Toxic 100gr BH from 12 pt

Post by Pasidewinder »

Dang, where did you hit whatever you shot with it? Looks like it ate a lot of bone.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like a "disposable" to me. :lol:
wabi
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Holy Cow Mike! Were those authentic Toxics? Because that has not been my experience at all. I couldn't find the arrow/broadhead I shot my deer with this year but I shot two BIG hogs with the same toxic head last season. The first one I hit the far leg of a 260 lbs hog and shattered the leg but the broadhead was perfect and the next day I shot a 292lbs hog and broke a rib going in and cut half a rib going out and it just opened one of the blades slightly. That's two with the same head. That head is at the pro shop for a selling point because it held up so well. ??? Crazy! I'm shocked to see that. Was everything tight? I'm assuming the chisel tip and blades were all tight but thought I should ask. They have had excellent customer service so I would recommend calling them and sending them those pics. I'm sure they'd send you some replacement heads if you're still interested in trying them. I'm leaving for another hog hunt from November 26-29. I'll be sure to post pics of how that goes one way or another. I'm really shocked to see that because these toxics have even outperformed my long time favorite Slick Tricks.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Pasidewinder

Post by Pasidewinder »

I believe ANY broadhead will self destruct given a particular situation. I have used the same broadhead on as many as 4-5 deer without a problem, then I've destroyed one on the first shot, there are a lot of variables on every shot we take on an animal.

I wouldn't let one busted head discourage you from useing these broadheads if you have had past success with them. Everything has its breaking point maybe you just found that one in a thousand shot that did it.
Pasidewinder

Post by Pasidewinder »

Sorry double post.
DaGriz

Post by DaGriz »

Mike, Is is possible that you hit the shoulder joint and smashed into the solid bone? I have not had any issues with the Toxic's at all I just talked to the President and he believes the head is of the older design before it was re-engineered for better strength. If you contact them they will send you new designed head to replace that one . His name is Chris Rager and you can contact him at Flying Arrow archery: http://flyingarrowarcheryusa.com/
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Holy Cow Mike! Were those authentic Toxics? Because that has not been my experience at all. I couldn't find the arrow/broadhead I shot my deer with this year but I shot two BIG hogs with the same toxic head last season. The first one I hit the far leg of a 260 lbs hog and shattered the leg but the broadhead was perfect and the next day I shot a 292lbs hog and broke a rib going in and cut half a rib going out and it just opened one of the blades slightly. That's two with the same head. That head is at the pro shop for a selling point because it held up so well. ??? Crazy! I'm shocked to see that. Was everything tight? I'm assuming the chisel tip and blades were all tight but thought I should ask. They have had excellent customer service so I would recommend calling them and sending them those pics. I'm sure they'd send you some replacement heads if you're still interested in trying them. I'm leaving for another hog hunt from November 26-29. I'll be sure to post pics of how that goes one way or another. I'm really shocked to see that because these toxics have even outperformed my long time favorite Slick Tricks.
I happen to agree with Paul here. If you paid anything less than the $39.99 in the USA and or it came in a clear package they are knockoffs from China...there is/are someone/people selling rage and toxic knockoffs....i know for a fact because my son Anthony bought them....from your picture it sure looks like them...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
gendoc

Post by gendoc »

I agree mike !!!
anything that can leave a piece of blade, metal or fodder in the meat
needs to find someone else to camp with.......not me !!!
that's why I changed from an excellent mech BH 125gr spitfires,
to the fixed g5 striker 125gr magnums.

I liked the spitfires until I lost a blade ( 2 different times )
in recovery.

my grinders and my family don't need to be repaired for what can happen.

if the g5's leave anything....i'll change again.
2013 matrix 380x
2011 vortex
vintage exomax & exocet
boo custom strings
Burris FF-III
RBBB
L&S speed demon arras
Easton xx75 2219ch
Ignitors
125 G5 striker mag
Dalton wax
bowmax 1131
wabi calls

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I spect they be real not copycats, DaGrizz sent me a pak of 3 last yr. I shot a 7 pt last yr Toxic did fine, shot this 12 pt thru shouder n it went into the other shoulder. I don't mind bent blades as bone is tuff. Broken pieces isn't a thing to play wid inside the chest cavity. I have one more left to test, but at this pt. i wouldn't lay out my funds on them
Half Bubble Off BD360

paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

vixenmaster wrote:I spect they be real not copycats, DaGrizz sent me a pak of 3 last yr. I shot a 7 pt last yr Toxic did fine, shot this 12 pt thru shouder n it went into the other shoulder. I don't mind bent blades as bone is tuff. Broken pieces isn't a thing to play wid inside the chest cavity. I have one more left to test, but at this pt. i wouldn't lay out my funds on them
Mike, you'll notice the blades are radiused on only one side. That's so if they hit something solid they'll open outward and not collapse. I'm still amazed that even going through a shoulder a piece would break off. I would still contact them and let them know what happened.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

paulaboutform wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I spect they be real not copycats, DaGrizz sent me a pak of 3 last yr. I shot a 7 pt last yr Toxic did fine, shot this 12 pt thru shouder n it went into the other shoulder. I don't mind bent blades as bone is tuff. Broken pieces isn't a thing to play wid inside the chest cavity. I have one more left to test, but at this pt. i wouldn't lay out my funds on them
Mike, you'll notice the blades are radiused on only one side. That's so if they hit something solid they'll open outward and not collapse. I'm still amazed that even going through a shoulder a piece would break off. I would still contact them and let them know what happened.
I reckon i can do that but its a waste of my time. I am not after anything from them. I jus use up problem bh's n move on. I have some that are terrible & one time was enuff fer me to throw them in a box!
Half Bubble Off BD360

Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Flea Bay is full of $20 knock off Toxic's.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Bullzeye wrote:Flea Bay is full of $20 knock off Toxic's.

....yes they are....

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings