Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
VixChix

Re: arctic shield

Post by VixChix »

I have a jacket - its pretty good but its nothing special. Its not crazy warm or anything. It bought it because I believed the hype. I find I still have to layer under it.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

VixChix wrote:I have a jacket - its pretty good but its nothing special. Its not crazy warm or anything. It bought it because I believed the hype. I find I still have to layer under it.

...Amen, layering is the only way to go...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

No experience with these, however, the Arctic Shield booty blankets (over boots) work well for me. They are occasionally on sale from Cabelas
strum

Post by strum »

i have the boot covers and always loved em..just don't need them much around here.. I ordered the pants so I guess ill see..lol
not expecting them to be the warmest thing ever just hope their well made .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

nyexhunter wrote:No experience with these, however, the Arctic Shield booty blankets (over boots) work well for me. They are occasionally on sale from Cabelas

...I once owned these....I called them my "Herman Munster" boots! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xbowhunter10

Post by xbowhunter10 »

I've never owned any of the Arctic Shield stuff but I would highly recommend the Cabelas Wooltimate Fleece . It has a windstopper lining and I have found it to very warm and they put it on sale every week or so and sometimes with free shipping . Just have to check their website every day or two for the best deals .
strum

Post by strum »

amythntr wrote:
nyexhunter wrote:No experience with these, however, the Arctic Shield booty blankets (over boots) work well for me. They are occasionally on sale from Cabelas

...I once owned these....I called them my "Herman Munster" boots! :lol: :lol: :lol:

the arctic shield covers are very thin and rolls up small for packing .not like those big ole boot blankets. if you put them on just when you get in the stand they hold the heat in very well.
the pants are supost to be waterproof and wind proof and have the same heat holding properties. Im agree with Monica on this one though ..still need to layer.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

There are different levels of insulation in Artic Shield parkas and pants as indicated by price. I caught some of the "H8" on sale last year and it's very warm but is sized to be worn over other clothes. You still have to wear "something" under a Heater Body Suit. Nothing will keep you warm by itself. The warmest stuff on the planet is Raven Wear, but is priced out of sight for most of us.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I have used Arctic Shield for years and it's the best stuff I've owned. I've got the full parka and bibs. Yes, you absolutely have to layer under them and that's crucial. I've found it needs to be really cold for these but this is where the layering comes in. I've worn these in > -50 C in Grand Prairie, Alberta and they are awesome. But, I had on my base layer, and midweight then heavy weight underlayers. This is a must in extreme temps.. You'll find that as soon as you put them on you need to be by the door and get outside immediately or you'll over heat and start sweating. What I've noticed is that if you're sitting in a blind or stand long enough you'll start to get cold but my experience is that by the time I feel it the guys I'm with are already freezing cold. As I mentioned, I've had these for years and they are very well made. They are expensive but in my opinion well worth the money. Both for quality and functionality. I do recommend the Arctic Shield.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
rein1

Post by rein1 »

I miss my old down filled long johns,,,kept me warm for
sure,, I know down isn't good when it's wet....
tharris811

Post by tharris811 »

I have had them for a couple years,Last year real cold for Alabama..I like them
live everyday as it is your last..It may be
strum

Post by strum »

I got the pants and about to head out for a hunt. so far I love em..but im afraid they will be to much for this weather..its about 33 degrees.. im awearing them any way :lol: :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

strum wrote:I got the pants and about to head out for a hunt. so far I love em..but im afraid they will be to much for this weather..its about 33 degrees.. im awearing them any way :lol: :lol:
I'm sure your legs will be toasty warm. Good luck on your hunt. :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
strum

Post by strum »

paulaboutform wrote:
strum wrote:I got the pants and about to head out for a hunt. so far I love em..but im afraid they will be to much for this weather..its about 33 degrees.. im awearing them any way :lol: :lol:
I'm sure your legs will be toasty warm. Good luck on your hunt. :D
had to come in early :( got to work today but I did see a nice buck.. :D
I didn't want to shot him ..im got my mind on something bigger but he was shadowing a doe.. the rut is on!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony