Broad head trueness

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Downunder

Broad head trueness

Post by Downunder »

Hi all, Ive recently purchased some "cheap" broad heads from a local supplier but when the head is fitted to the bolt and rotated in V blocks the tip of the broad heads do not turn true, they crank up to 2-3 mm.
They sent me the below instructions with them, I've never heard of having to do this before, all my other broad heads.. NAP and MUSSY rotate perfectly in every BEE bolts I have, but not the cheapies !!

I have returned the broad heads to the supplier for refund.

"BROADHEAD INSTRUCTIONS:

Before installing the broadhead on your arrow or bolt check to make sure the knurled nut at the base of the blades is tight. Next as you screw the broadhead into the arrow or bolt be sure to keep the broadhead centralised as you tighten the two together. To test that the broadhead is centralised place the broadhead point down on a wooden surface and spin the shaft of the arrow or bolt, if it wobbles the broadhead isn’t tightened up in the centre, repeat the process until it spins smoothly. Once the broadhead is centralised tighten it up firmly."
paulaboutform

Re: Broad head trueness

Post by paulaboutform »

How embarrassing that someone would have the colliones to even sell something like that. Let me guess, straight from random slave labor factory out of China. :shock:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

paulaboutform wrote:How embarrassing that someone would have the colliones to even sell something like that. Let me guess, straight from random slave labor factory out of China. :shock:
Yep !... sticking to MAP Spitfires :-)
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Downunder wrote:
paulaboutform wrote:How embarrassing that someone would have the colliones to even sell something like that. Let me guess, straight from random slave labor factory out of China. :shock:
Yep !... sticking to MAP Spitfires :-)
Oppps... NAP....