DIY Camo Dip Kits

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jaclinto

DIY Camo Dip Kits

Post by jaclinto »

Has anyone played with these at-home camo dip kits?

http://www.camodipkit.com
jaclinto

Re: DIY Camo Dip Kits

Post by jaclinto »

we did a dipping on a stock and it turned out great...
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

I liked what I saw on your link.

My view of the PERFECT stock would be one that was fibreglass or something similar, with a soft rubber overmolding. Hogue makes rifle and shotgun stocks that way. Now, with your camo pattern as a final finish to that rubber overmolding, that would be perfect, as long as the film would stay supple and be compatible with the rubber.

Here's the Hogue link http://www.hogueinc.com/stocks

The bow would be quieter shooting, nicer to grip, and wouldn't "clunk" if a branch bumped it or make noise if it got rubbed by a zipper, etc.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Czy_Horse

Post by Czy_Horse »

I've though about attempting this on a Tact Zone scope & rings to match the camo on my Lynx better. Has anyone tried dipping a scope?

Czy_Horse
munch

Post by munch »

Czy_Horse wrote:I've though about attempting this on a Tact Zone scope & rings to match the camo on my Lynx better. Has anyone tried dipping a scope?

Czy_Horse
not sure if your warranty will be void .it may work and you just may screw it up. i do my mounts myself and have dipped a couple guns and find round objects are really hard to do and you may end up striping it and redoing it so chances of screwing it up increase every time
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I have a black Micro cheek piece that I want dipped in real tree Xtra. However all the dip kits I have seen don't offer real tree camo.... ;(
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

Check out Plato- dip. It spray on and you can peel it right off.going to use it to break up my ladder stand and maybe even my grizzly cub.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Not sure if it was the same kit, but my buddy received a sample kit and we tried simple stuff like a light switch plate and after getting the technique down pat it worked well, but I found it not to durable, scratching easily
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
snuffbox

Post by snuffbox »

I paid a pro to do the limbs of matrix I have in carbon.
Wasn't cheap but it's a good job and seems to be standing up well to regular 3d shooting round the woods.
Predator55

Post by Predator55 »

It should read plasti-dip. Spray it on and when done or no longer like just peel it off.