Mecanical Broadheads (FOC's) Suck!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Mecanical Broadheads (FOC's) Suck!

Post by paulaboutform »

This thread is being beaten more than the dead horse. For the record, the loud thawackkk is also heard with fixed blades. I was telling Normous and Boo in September how the little buck i shot with my toxic was louder than all the others I've shot...and that's a fixed blade. The sound was smashing bones. From what I saw in the pics, I completely believe Cevans. Those blades did not open. It happens. It happened to me. Those blades did not deploy and slam shut. They were closed in and out. That's it. :? Nothing to defend it just is what it is.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
884savage

Post by 884savage »

If you don't put oil in a car, it will die. If you don't fill the gas tank, it won't run. Forget to wind your old school watch, and it quits ticking. Don't use your MECHANICAL broadheads like they are a machine that needs maintenance, and you get failure. I've sent over 500 mechanical heads down range (not all at animals), and I've never had one single failure. Could it happen? Yes, if I don't do my part.
884savage

Post by 884savage »

And Cevans, I'm not slamming you. I think your head worked. It killed your deer. Glad you found him.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

What "maintenance" do you need to do to a mechanical head? Look at the band that holds it shut? Make sure the blades open and close? Isn't that what they are designed to do? If what you are saying is true, then you are saying you can't open a new pack of mechanical heads and use them without first performing all this "maintenance" on this highly complex machine. And if you are shooting mechanicals at targets how do you know they "worked"? Because they hit the target? I guess that might tell you that it didn't open prematurely but then again maybe not.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
cevans

Post by cevans »

884savage wrote:And Cevans, I'm not slamming you. I think your head worked. It killed your deer. Glad you found him.
Broadhead did work enough to kill the buck cause of a great chisel head on it,,did leave a big enough maybe 3/4 opening on both sides to bleed out even without the damn thing not opening. Lets see,,I had one dude say maybe my pics showed me shooting it in the neck..broadhead needs matenenance..they were only a week old taken straight out of the pack,,what MORE do you do to them than screw them in,,maybe open and shut each blade one time, even tho the pack says if they are open and shut 4 or 5 times you need a new set. You don't lube them..

How is so hard for you people to have someone broadcast,that his mechanical broadheads didn't open. I grew up as a kid in my cousins archery shop,,then worked it as a teenager,,then hung around the largest archery shop in Indianapolis for 20 yrs,,then bought my own shop for 5.5 yrs after shoot nat. tourneys for 9. Hell,,,I am not a idiot or newbie to archery or crowbow, and have a witness to boot..but..some of you serious diehards,,just don't like hearing your precious broadhead failed someone. I pulled the pics out of meanness with all the disalusionment they caused. And if this post pisses someone off..so be it. Its MECHANICAL and not one person including the manufacturer can guarantee 100% perfection even tho they spout it.

And yeah,,operator failure????? How dumb can you be saying that????

How many times have you ever heard of a fixed blade failing? :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH yeah,,Rage failure in previous posting as well?????? Right after mine...???

Yep,,a few of you got me. Slammed me...got under my skin alittle. Guess I will get off the net,,and go get my stuff ready to hunt in the morning with Slick Tricks that I know don't ever, ever ,,fail. Slam me back if you want. I will be back on in a couple of more days maybe to reply back at ya's. Other than that,,I do wish everybody good hunting. Hope your equipment is good to you. Hope you fill all your tags, and no hard feeling over this or any of my postings. Yeah,,I am also a ex marine,,viet. vet,,and very conservative...so bring it on. I don't quit. 8)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
cevans

Post by cevans »

I have something else to say.

Did I slam the manufacturer of this broadhead? Nope. Nap has been around along time..I used to sell heck out of them in my shop and would still sell all they make.

Did I make a statement telling any forum members...QUOTE "Don't use this broadhead..it won't work? " UNQUOTE Nope!!!

Did I slam anybody for using this broadhead? Nope...not at all.

All I did was tell everybody,,in MY using this Nap FOC broadhead,,it didn't open for me even tho I did kill a deer with it.

WOW! It did upset a lot of NAP FOC users to see someone have a failure to disbelieve me period.

Did I slam anybody by saying to them..maybe your mind will play tricks with you thinking that I had a failure,,before you take that next kill shot while your in the stand... :lol: ????????????????????? Now that would be below the belt if I had said something like that,,cause I really don't wish that on anybody hunting and I would want a humane kill for every deer we shoot to respect our sport.
End of posting..happy hunting and don't think about my posts. :)
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
Tom

Post by Tom »

cevans you do have a very large chip on your shoulder. I do take your second last post as a personal attack on me and my statements. NOT ONCE DID I ATTACK YOU OR WHAT YOU BELIEVED HAPPENED.

Many people come on this site (and other sites) state many things, some which are outragious, misleading. If you would take a step back and read the replies again, you would see most of the replies were either giving suggestions or searching for evidence to back your claim.

The internet has come to the point were people just want to bash a product without any actual cause (not saying you were). For me, I will not take reviews, statements made, without evidence to back the claims just because people can say what ever they want.

My statement that mechanicals need maintance was not dirrected at anyone in paticular, just to educate people that do not know that already. Some people change from fixed heads and think you do not need to look after a mechanical.

Your statement that fixed heads do not fail is misleading. There have been recorded events for a long time of fixed heads failing. Blades have fallen off in flight. Blades breaking or exploding on contact. Some cheaper heads had a very soft spine making the head track off center.

You see, no matter what style head you use, they can fail.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Your right,the Slick Tricks won't fail.I have returned to them as well because of a lack of confidence in mechanicals in general.
Last edited by Fred T on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Cevans, open forum...thanks for serving "Veteran"
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!