Rage fail!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hunter1964

Re: Rage fail!!!

Post by hunter1964 »

I used to use fixed bladed heads with my compounds but as the speed of the bows increased accuracy decreased so I ran into an expandable blade called sniper and Ill tell you they were awesome, left a huge hole and I don't believe I ever shot a deer that I didn't see drop. I haven't been able to find snypers so I switched to rage and Ive shot deer at just about every angle that had a clear vital shot and I myself have never had any issue so until I have an issue Im gonna have to stick with them. On separate note I have tried several fixed broadheads with my cross bow and the only one I could find was a muzzy 100 grain four blade. A few years ago I shot a big doe in the front of her lungs and it even cut her wind pipe almost in two. I found very little blood and without a dog I would have never found that deer because she ran about 200 yards out into a three year old clear cut so guess what I did I switched back to rage and haven't had a problem since.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

hunter1964 wrote:I used to use fixed bladed heads with my compounds but as the speed of the bows increased accuracy decreased so I ran into an expandable blade called sniper and Ill tell you they were awesome, left a huge hole and I don't believe I ever shot a deer that I didn't see drop. I haven't been able to find snypers so I switched to rage and Ive shot deer at just about every angle that had a clear vital shot and I myself have never had any issue so until I have an issue Im gonna have to stick with them. On separate note I have tried several fixed broadheads with my cross bow and the only one I could find was a muzzy 100 grain four blade. A few years ago I shot a big doe in the front of her lungs and it even cut her wind pipe almost in two. I found very little blood and without a dog I would have never found that deer because she ran about 200 yards out into a three year old clear cut so guess what I did I switched back to rage and haven't had a problem since.
I think if you hit her there with any BH you would not have found much blood. And 200 yds is a loooong way for a double lung hit deer to travel. I made that same shot this yr with a Montec (in front of the shoulder through both lungs). No blood, but deer only went about 40 yds. There might have been a little blood but it was hard to tell as it was raining all morning.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
hunter1964

Post by hunter1964 »

My cousin had the same thing happen with a nine point he shot, when we dressed the deer he had a double lung shot but that deer also left very little blood and Id hate to say how far it went but his dad stumbled upon it by accident it had even doubled back and expired in a shallow creek bed and we knew it would go to water but no one dreamed it would double back and die not far from where he shot it.