Apology to Excalibur!!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

maine hunter

Re: Apology to Excalibur!!!!

Post by maine hunter »

Bought my first Excalibur fours years ago, now have three !!! They are the best!!! :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Well said indeed! :wink: mieux veaux tarde que j'amais! Better late than never! :D
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Yeah, I kinda like them too Steve! :mrgreen:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

These bows come in all shapes, sizes, speeds and they have a bunch of different names but they're all accurate as hell, low maintenance, and tough as nails.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

just wondering how accurate would your shooting be with the stock M405 out of the box at 30 to 50 yds?....how much difference would that make in a real hunting situation to you at that yardage?
thanks, norm
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I have had the pleasure to own 4 bows in two years, and every one of them was a joy to shoot, and a treasure to own!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

I love my 405. I stayed away till the matrix with the more narrow profile and money was available. I love this 405 and I can't say enough good about it. It's so easy and so simple. I just flat out love it and wish I could of owned it a bit earlier.
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

SEW,
I don't think I made my question clear.
Everyone here seems to agree that Excalibur is the way to go.
But few people here on this forum shoot one "out of the box".
For those of us who really want to buy our first Excalibur (and I do!) is it that advantageous to buy the bare bow and spend all that extra cash to trick it out, or can we expect to shoot more than adequately well in hunting situations with the scope, string, trigger, and arrows that come in the kits. Also, realistically speaking, with someone of your skill level, would your success be noticeably lower in a hunting situation with the stock kit version 405, 380, 355, or 330 versus the tricked out ones you use for target competition. I was never doubting whether your target skills were transferable to a hunting situation. on the contrary, I was asking if your target skills are so refined that in a hunting situation you really would do equally well with an "out of the box" model at reasonable yardage (30-40yds). Obviously at much higher yardage it would be a different story.
Thanks, and BTW, great photos!!!
norm
strum

Post by strum »

coolhl wrote:SEW,
For those of us who really want to buy our first Excalibur (and I do!) is it that advantageous to buy the bare bow and spend all that extra cash to trick it out, or can we expect to shoot more than adequately well in hunting situations with the scope, string, trigger, and arrows that come in the kits. Also, realistically speaking, with someone of your skill level, would your success be noticeably lower in a hunting situation with the stock kit version 405, 380, 355, or 330 versus the tricked out ones you use for target competition. I was never doubting whether your target skills were transferable to a hunting situation. on the contrary, I was asking if your target skills are so refined that in a hunting situation you really would do equally well with an "out of the box" model at reasonable yardage (30-40yds). Obviously at much higher yardage it would be a different story.
norm
I can answer that one for Sew..(hope that ok?) its big ..YES
My first Excal was a Exomax and with the factory set up I shot my first xbow deer within just a week or two of using it..then I shot some more :lol:
I then got a Pheonix which was deadly and a Exocet (also deadly) and now a 380.
I have killed deer with every one of them and even though we/I like to trick em out . its not needed. we do it because we can :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

strum wrote:
coolhl wrote:SEW,
norm
I can answer that one for Sew..(hope that ok?) its big ..YES
My first Excal was a Exomax and with the factory set up I shot my first xbow deer within just a week or two of using it..then I shot some more :lol:
I then got a Pheonix which was deadly and a Exocet (also deadly) and now a 380.
I have killed deer with every one of them and even though we/I like to trick em out . its not needed. we do it because we can :D
Strum,
Thanks for chiming in....and that is very helpful.....and encouraging.
the Excalibur video of the 380 and 355 tested against 5 competitors bows
certainly seems to validate what you say. I don't want to feel pressured into spending so much extra money, but, on the other hand if it makes that much of a difference in performance I don't want to kick myself in the butt for not spending the money sooner.
norm
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You can`t get much better of a teacher than Mr. Boyer . :)
He probably has forgot more than most will ever learn .
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

After all that Sew, what do you really think of your bow? :lol: :lol: :lol: One happy hunter I'd say. :D
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Sew,
thanks very much...
I see an Excalibur in my near future....
norm
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Good read..good deer!!...SEW??? Is a Micro in your thoughts yet??
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Got my Vortex when they first came out. Took 2 shots to get it sighted in. At the end of each season the string comes off. Right before the next season comes in, I re-string, shoot 3 shots and they are all dead center. Killed 2-3 deer every season and it always hits where it should. After 7+ seasons, it still amazes me how it performs. When asked by friends I tell them there is only one crossbow brand to consider, Excalibur.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone