scope question that I cannot figure out

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

archerytho

scope question that I cannot figure out

Post by archerytho »

I will soon be buying a crossbow. (Axiom, ibex or a vixen 2)
I will be using it for target archery.

Provding I just use the varizone scope. With the 20 meter pin sighted in and the scope dialed in to hit at 30 40 50, how do I shoot 60 meters.

Is there a scope that I can move each individual crosshair this would be a far better idea I think rather than using the speed dial to move the crosshairs relative to eachother.

Any information would be helpful. This is driving me crazy.
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
archerytho

Re: scope question that I cannot figure out

Post by archerytho »

Also I forgot to mention.
I live in a country where meters is used.

This means each hair is set for 10 yard gap or a 9 meter gap how can I overcome this problem.
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Not sure about that one with movable crosshairs. But. You might be better off buying a HHA optimizer and get a good scope. This way you can use a tape that would correlate to your particular bow that you choose. Or since you use meters you can mark your own tape for your particular distances.

Look up HHA optimizer on you tube e if not familiar. This just might be the way to go.

Best of luck

Brian
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

Thank you i am aware of the HHA optimiser, but where i live it costs a lot, I just wondered if there was a cheaper option.

Thank you
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

I wish there was a scope with each crosshair adjustment. But there is none that I know of. I think you will just have to set up your top crosshair at 20 meters and see where the others line up. Then try it at 22 or 25 meters or whatever you want to see which one gives you the best results. It could be a lot of shooting but who would complain about that. Have fun! !
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
sean

Post by sean »

I have had some success using SMK mil dot 4x32 scopes for field archery in the UK. there are enough dots to do what you want. I am in the process of changing to leapers 4x32 and putting them all on hha's because the same scope on 4 different bows shoot different places and I have trouble remembering from one bow to another. 2 souped up Apex's , a brown Vixen and an alloy rail Axiom. All of which comply with our rules.
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

You could look into tactical style scopes with exposed elevation turrets. This is what I use on my M380 and I like it.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I would say the HHA is the best option because you can put any single crosshair scope on it you want and set your crossbow up using the HHA from 0-80 meters if you want. All you have to do is go to the store and buy some white sticky labels in the stationary dept and cut them and put them on your HHA and physically mark your labels to match your crossbow trajectory.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Normous

Post by Normous »

You can sight in your 20 pin for 30 yards. Then your 30 yard pin will be 40 yards and so forth. This way your 50 yard pin will be 60 yards.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Normous wrote:You can sight in your 20 pin for 30 yards. Then your 30 yard pin will be 40 yards and so forth. This way your 50 yard pin will be 60 yards.
X2, good advice..........
"Eze 18:21"
884savage

Post by 884savage »

I think you should design the scope you have described and put about 6 reticles inside. That way I could sight in for 20, 35, 47, 63, 78, and 93.5 or whatever distances I so chose. You've got a great idea. I'll be the first buyer once you have some prototypes out there. Until then, I like my Tact Zone and am considering an HHA.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

The HHA Optimizer is not inexpensive but is well worth every penny in my opinion. It comes with blank tapes if you prefer making your own (meters?). Anyway, I have mine set to 110 yards and I absolutely love it. If not, Normous' suggestion is simple, effective, and inexpensive.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
archerytho

Post by archerytho »

thanks everyone for the response,i think i will just go with the hha.

And thank you 884savage, yes with my very little knowledge of anything like this, something tells me that it would be easier to create, than have a wheel be turned and all hairs move relative to eachother (a standard scope).
Excalibur Axiom
Leupold VX1 2-7 33mm
HHA Optimiser