Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
paulaboutform

Re: Walmart

Post by paulaboutform »

Hmmm. So the evil giant is now carrying excals.? That immediately makes me question manufacturing. Wal-Mart is known for grinding vendors for the cheapest price and I can't say I associate them with 'quality'. Is there a change in the manufacturing process or materials? Not looking for the sky to fall but I am highly suspicious by nature. :? :shock:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:Hmmm. So the evil giant is now carrying excals.? That immediately makes me question manufacturing. Wal-Mart is known for grinding vendors for the cheapest price and I can't say I associate them with 'quality'. Is there a change in the manufacturing process or materials? Not looking for the sky to fall but I am highly suspicious by nature. :? :shock:

....and I am sure they will be sold right next to the "high quality :shock: :shock: "
Barnett line!...by top notch, 18 year old, knowledgeable sales people! :shock: :oops:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

Should make the bean counters happy.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

They are drop shipped I believe that means they don't actually stock them but can order them for you through other retailers. They have a lot of excalibur stuff on there web site along with a lot of other stuff that you wouldn't expect online only of coarse
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

It is my understanding that Cambodian Tire (Canadian tire) does as well, but I think it's just the smf models.

Moo, associating with such companies doesn't lend credibility to the Excalibur name, but perhaps it's a convienent way to move the now less popular models.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Money is money. Lots of products that used to be exclusive dealer-only items are now showing up at all kinds of places. Objective # 1 is to sell your product so now the game is to make it available to the masses and sell a million of them. Good or bad, that's how it works now.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
galamb

Post by galamb »

Yes, Crappy Tire does sell them - the SMF models are "standard stock" (I work for Crappy Tire and we also stock most of the Barnett line).

We buy them from Excal directly and sell them for the MSRP - no support, no deal, no "in store" warranty. What it means is if you live in "armpit Ontario" you can walk into a store and buy an Excal and take it home "right now" - no waiting, no shipping etc.

There are a few stores designated as "Pro Shops" that carry the full Excal line - again, you pay MSRP and get served by a minimum wage student whose total exposure to crossbows (or vertical bows for that matter) was seeing them in the Hunger Game movies.

As long as "customers" are willing to buy guns/bows etc from a "big box" store, KNOWING full well that the vendor has zero interest or expertise in the product they are selling, the mom/pop specialty shops will continue to go out of business.

If we don't "turn" a certain number of "units" per year we will drop them from the "assortment".

If you want to keep bows/guns in bow/gun shops, don't buy from a big box retailer...

Despite my store carrying some of the items I may use (archery/gun), I choose to support the local archery shop and the gun shop in the next town over. Because in the long run, particularly if I need a "part", the box store can not help you out - and if the specialty store is "gone", you are surfing the web and paying shipping for something you can't touch/feel until it arrives.
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
cevans

Post by cevans »

Wife works for wally world,,,and yesterday,,had a posting they gave her,,Walmart is going to price match thru Christmas anybody as long as you bring the ad in including Dicks, Bass Pro, Cabellas, Gander Mt... you name it on all other stores for example,,,,Item must be in the store,,,and even on line pricing from major box stores if you print add or price out to show them,,,thru Christmas. I think this is in every store Walmart has.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Maybe I should get in line on "Black Friday" morning and see if they have any Excaliburs on sale. :shock:

On second thought...................

No, I'm not going to be there. :lol:
wabi
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Well said Galamb, I agree.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.