New Fan of Nu-Fletch Ignitors

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

amythntr

New Fan of Nu-Fletch Ignitors

Post by amythntr »

....I know there are some on here that swear by the Nu-Fletch Ignitors...Gus (Swamp Donky) comes to mind...I have always loved (and still do) the Lumenoks.

I have to say that I did get to use them yesterday and probably will use more Ignitors than Lumenoks in th future. Other than the weight differential (Ignitors ar 39gn where Lumenoks are 28gn) and the fact that an insert has to be glued into the nock end of the shaft on the Ignitors where the Lumenoks are selfcontained and pushed in.....I am sold on the Ignitors.

1. They work every time (as do the Lumenoks),

2. They are activated in the same manner by the force of the string,

3. It was very easy to pull out the plastic insert holding the light stick after the shot to turn it off (no need to carry DM Arra pullers other than to pull the arra out of the target). I was concerned with it being easy to drop the light stick in cold weather....with it being 17F yesterday morning it was not an issue.

4. It was very easy to reassemble to be ready for the next shot.

5. Also, although I did not practice this way, the light stick can be removed for practicing....

All in all although I still like the Lumenoks...unless weight becomes critical...I will be moving over to the Ignitors for future use....

Anthony :)

http://www.nufletch.com/#!tom-miranda-tutorial/cxxt
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Re: New Fan of Nu-Fletch Ignitors

Post by paulaboutform »

How much for your 'used' Luminoks Anthony? :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

paulaboutform wrote:How much for your 'used' Luminoks Anthony? :wink:
....now, now ,now paisano....I didn't say I will be getting rid of or selling them...remember two young men who are called my boys....they have what's known as that rare Italian disease called, "fundsalow" and have been know to have "short arms and long pockets" if you know what I mean....

....I still will keep them for weight issue if I am searching for a certain arra weight....I just will be using the "Ignitors" going forward!

....Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Deerstalker

Post by Deerstalker »

I have intimate knowledge of the disease call "fundsalow" as that is why I am 75 and still working!

I have the Lumenoks and Nu-Fletch Ignitors and I prefer the Ignitors which for me are easy to use & reliable.
Last edited by Deerstalker on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi

2012 Equinox
Firebolts & BEEs w Boltcutter & Slick Trick BHs 150gr
S-5 & Boo string, TT trigger, Nikon Bolt Xr scope
2012 Vortex w/S5 & Nikon Bolt Xr (son # 1)
2012 Axiom SMF w/S5 (son # 2)
dewy

Post by dewy »

I 've been using then ignitors this season as well and have been extremely happy with there performance. They have been through 9 deer this far and have lighted every time. They have been responsible for helping me find at least half of my arrows that otherwise would have been lost.

For the installation of mine in the BEE's I used the grocery bag method and did not glue them in. I have had no issues installing them this way.
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

thats how i do mine the old bag trick
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

bob watkins wrote:thats how i do mine the old bag trick
X2 with the bag trick! Makes taking the insert out easier too (just in case you need to)
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

What's the bag trick ?
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
StormDragon

Post by StormDragon »

Mo wannabe wrote:What's the bag trick ?
You first take a walmart bag and put the insert in it/bag around it. Then you take the insert with the bag "around it"
and then push the insert with the bag around it into the arrow shaft until the flat part of the insert is tight against the flat part of the shaft.

Once you do this, take a pair of scissors and trim excess bag material around where the insert and shaft meet.

Good to go from there
Micro 335 Nightmare: Morning Star

Elite Synergy; Krampus
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

StormDragon wrote:
Mo wannabe wrote:What's the bag trick ?
You first take a walmart bag and put the insert in it/bag around it. Then you take the insert with the bag "around it"
and then push the insert with the bag around it into the arrow shaft until the flat part of the insert is tight against the flat part of the shaft.

Once you do this, take a pair of scissors and trim excess bag material around where the insert and shaft meet.

Good to go from there
Will be using the grocery bag going forward...a great idea and makes the Ignitor approach all but perfect...

another thing about the ignitors is that you can change the color sticks if you choose to do so....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
wildcatter

Post by wildcatter »

I will never use another lighted nock after using firenocks, nothing easier mire reliable and after the initial investment of the computer boards, nothing as cheap to use. I also think they are the brightest lighted nock's out their, 3 years now without a hickup, plus the security of a full capture nock.
Hunt Hard or Stay Home!
380 Mad Max, XB-30 Pro 18" ZombiesW/ 125 gr ST
330 Mad Max Custom XB-30 Pro 16" B.E.E. W/100 gr ST
Leica R-1000 - Zeiss 8X42 Conquest HD
On the Hunt for the next!!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

EDIT: see proceeding thread.
Last edited by paulaboutform on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Paul...not following your thread...you make NO mention of Ignitors although I think you are referring to them....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...the beauty of marketing and different products is that as people fall in love with a certain combination of what works for them, they swear by them....I love both the Lumenoks and Ignitor....they both work equally as well...I don't believe I will shoot past 40 yds....I don't competition shoot...I would reach for either if need be and would not be upset with either...I just think I will buy the Ignitors going further...much more ease in use from beginning (now that I learned the grocery bag method) to end and much more versatile (changing light stick colors)...I try to be open and try new things and having done so I feel the ignitors are really the better option...JMHO

....btw...this decision was based upon limited testing of a completed arrow ...It again might change when I get out in the spring (late april/may) when I will have more time to do more long range testing out to 50yds....

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

amythntr wrote:....Paul...not following your thread...you make NO mention of Ignitors although I think you are referring to them....

Sorry, I was unclear. I'm not sure what arrow setup you're shooting but you mentioned your new nocks weigh 39gr. That's about ten grains heavier than the Luminoks and I noticed a big difference in poi and accuracy with them, especially with broadheads....come to think of it, this is all I needed to mention. :mrgreen: