putting together slicktricks?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bobcattrapper

putting together slicktricks?

Post by bobcattrapper »

Ok they come with lousy directions :? I think I finally figured out how they go.But thought I'd ask here to see if I got em right :mrgreen: I finally figured out there are 2 different blade inserts. :shock: Ok I put em on and then push and keep blades forward toward point correct? (Unlike boltcutters you put blades on and pull em down to lock in place.) Then put O thing on,then screw on arrow.So this how they go? Thanks!
Tennessee Rebel

Re: putting together slicktricks?

Post by Tennessee Rebel »

You got it right sounds like. The blade with the long slot that starts at the bottom goes in first. Then the one with short slot at top next. Then the washer at the back and then screw into insert.
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Thanks! I just got done watching a utube video and he actually shows how to do it.Only thing so far I don't like about them is you gotta put em on a arrow or they come apart.Now I know why they come in pieces lol You put a boltcutter together and you can put em away and store em like that.
Tichound

Post by Tichound »

I use old inserts, just screw the broadhead onto them.
Then you can store them assembled.
Also I think the washer goes a certain way, rounded side towards blades.
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

kinda simple you got it :)
bubba

Post by bubba »

I put three broad heads together and load up my quiver which holds four arrows... The fourth arrow support in my quiver holds a !00 grain muzzy, that I shoot if I see a animal other than deer or hog... since I have a load of old but good broad heads... That's how I store my slick tricks and just put them together as needed..............
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
bob1961

Post by bob1961 »

yeah the slot in the one blade that is at the rear of the blade goes in first, then the other slides into that blade very easy, then the washer flat side towards insert and tighten....yes I use an old insert to store used bloody tricks for practice :wink: ....
exocet 200. STS dampers.
boo string and trigger work.
munch mount quiver mount.
125 gr slick trick magums.
2" blazers on 2117 XX75 w/ brass inserts.
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

Tichound wrote:Also I think the washer goes a certain way, rounded side towards blades.
This is absolutely correct and very important. You want the flat side of the washer against the insert. If you put them together and they don't spin perfectly, check the washer to make sure it is correct. If so and they still don't spin, loosen them off the arrow a bit and move the washer around a bit then tighten again.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><