Finally got to compare !

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Finally got to compare !

Post by the elf »

Well yesterday I saw the 355 and the Micro side by side on a rack; and handled them.
I have a 355 and wanted to compare them.----Wow is all I can say !
The Micro is shorter ; lighter ; narrower .It is nice------BUT-----there is not
that much difference to me ; other than size from my 355. If I did not have a couple of Excaliburs already I would grab one in an instant.I dunno about the extra oomph
required in cocking; what it will do to my 72 1/2 year old body.
I have a C2 cocker but they are a pain in the a$$ if you do more than 1 or 2 shots.
Maybe will buy at a later date ; but not right now unless I sell something.
Last edited by the elf on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Re: Finally got to compare !

Post by vixenmaster »

I also have the 355 Matrix, i had to go to the C2. So i said i might as well get the fastest n badest 405 Matrix,Kong! Now as much as i want the Micro Nitemare, i have a narrow 19"AtA MXB320. Its shoter more narrow n lighter & shoots 317 fps wid 425gr arrows. Now my other problem is my Mrs. eagle-eyed & i never could bring in anudder Excal & her not know it & not knowed which model it is. So i would have to sell my 355, thats dumb cause its faster than the Micro. Now if they come out wid a new higher poundage Micro say 360-365 fps then 355 Matric would leave here fer a new owner.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
the elf

Post by the elf »

Vixenmaster-----------I hear you loud and clear------our wives must be related [ :lol: ]
mine doesn't miss much very often either. My problem is that I also like recurves and longbows and I guess I have a lot of stuff. Mine is usually very tolerant and I wouldn't
trade her for anything. She has put up with me for over 45 years so far.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

. :lol: . . . . same here! i can get one blip under the radar, anymore incoming i'll take fire! :shock:
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

I got a micro V M . All I can say is I love it but the cocking is tough , I'd say about the same as my m380. Hower carrying it thru the brush where I hunt makes it worth it :wink:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mo wannabe wrote:I got a micro V M . All I can say is I love it but the cocking is tough , I'd say about the same as my m380. Hower carrying it thru the brush where I hunt makes it worth it :wink:
You old rascal, you jump on these new Excal models soon as it tickles yer fancy, congrats to you
Half Bubble Off BD360

Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Ha ....... You look like your doing pretty good yourself .... :mrgreen:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mo wannabe wrote:Ha ....... You look like your doing pretty good yourself .... :mrgreen:
Ha well i can't complain
Half Bubble Off BD360

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mo wannabe wrote:I got a micro V M . All I can say is I love it but the cocking is tough , I'd say about the same as my m380. Hower carrying it thru the brush where I hunt makes it worth it :wink:
That is where the hitch is, it ain't faster, it is a bit harder to cock, ain't anymore accurate, but the dang thing is small, and light. :lol: :lol:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Drew

Post by Drew »

All wives must be related I'm finding out (married only 1.5yrs). She still doesn't understand why I need more than one fishing rod/rifle/crossbow and doesn't understand why gun safes are so expensive, etc. :roll:

Luckily my wife has an expensive hobby too. She competes in triathlons and Ironman triathlons and we just bought her a triathlon race bike which is like a Ferrari of bikes and priced to match. So to keep things equal I bought a SKY archery TDX recurve riser and some carbon/maple limbs. Taking up traditional archery for hunting next year. Can't have too many recurves around the house! :mrgreen:

And I'm with you guys, a micro at 355-375fps would make me sell the M355. Well, maybe I'd sell....if I couldn't manage to fenagle keeping it too! :lol:
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
randyxx75

Post by randyxx75 »

I'm hoping that's what they bring out , a 360- 375 fps Micro and I'll be all in !
Micro nightmare
Solution LS 390
Matrix 380