info for a rem 700

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

info for a rem 700

Post by strum »

I know this is a xbow site but i thought id ask :D Anyone here know much about theses?
I have found one from 1979 never shot custom deluxe 300 mag just wondering its value..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Drew

Re: info for a rem 700

Post by Drew »

Do you know what model? ADL, BDL, Classic...etc. Also, what condition is it in? You can check Blue Book of Gun Values online but you need the model specs.

http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Valu ... VARIATIONS
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads
strum

Post by strum »

Drew wrote:Do you know what model? ADL, BDL, Classic...etc. Also, what condition is it in? You can check Blue Book of Gun Values online but you need the model specs.

http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Valu ... VARIATIONS
its the bdl custom deluxe and its like new never fired..thanks Drew..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
Waif

Post by Waif »

Check for a trigger recall. The XMP triggers were a problem. Touching off a round unintentionally problem despite the notion it should not be possible in the course of safe gun handling with a mechanically stable unit. These differed:shock: .
I do like the 700 and own one in 270..
One kinda similar to the one you found though used well hunting, has an asking price north of six hundred dollars.
In .300 win they sold new around 700 dollars in 79.
The safety around that era are the mousetrap sounding ones, mine is anyway, if you don't ride them up into fire position between thumb and index or similar method.
A floor plate is nice, beats losing clips.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Three years ago I bought a mint 1981 700 BDL in 30-06 that was a safe queen. It was already set up with a Leupold Vari-X 2c in 3-9x40. I paid $600 for it which I though was a super price considering it was in near perfect condition and had a good scope on it.
Those are beautiful guns, I'm a sucker for pretty wood and slick blueing. I'd guess $600-700 range for the one you're looking at. Hang onto your hat when you shoot, .300 mag is a lotta gun. I had mine checked out by a competent gunsmith for the trigger and safety issue, he said everything was good. There is a drop-in aftermarket trigger, Timney I believe, that is a little different design and fixes the safety issue if your gun happens to have one.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
strum

Post by strum »

thanks Keg. man is that a beautiful gun!!
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Can't help you with the value but I can tell you that it's a stomper. Hope you don't have to fire too many rounds while zeroing the scope. :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

strum wrote:thanks Keg. man is that a beautiful gun!!
Thanks Strum, I do like it. I almost bought a 700 BDL new in .300 mag at a LGS but the guy actually talked me out of it, it's just too much gun for the terrain and the game we have around here. Expensive to feed, too. I've got a 7mm mag and that's as much as I care to shoot. The 300 is a bruiser, literally. The deer won't know what hit em and neither will your shoulder :mrgreen:
Matrix 380
Exomag
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Nice Gun Keg ! Heres a pic of one of my 700 BDL Rifles , This one is kind of rare . It was made in the mid 60's and chambered in 300 Win MAG . It also has a factory stainless steel barrel on it which was unheard of in the 60's . Ive only seen 3 in my life . I sent mine off and had the barrel and action Z coated . The factory finish was trying come off in places . Makes a great hunting Rig !

[URL=http://s154.photobucket.com/user/1longb ... 3.jpg.html]Image
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Very nice, Mike!!! Beautiful gun, I'd say that's a keeper! :D
Matrix 380
Exomag
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

I have a .300 winchester mod 70 & yes it is stout but a sims recoil pad tamed it some what. :D A little much for south jawga deer but your sure glad you have it when a 250lb plus hog show's up!! :shock:
Post some picks stan if you purchase it...would love to see it. :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

8ptbuk wrote:Nice Gun Keg ! Heres a pic of one of my 700 BDL Rifles , This one is kind of rare . It was made in the mid 60's and chambered in 300 Win MAG . It also has a factory stainless steel barrel on it which was unheard of in the 60's . Ive only seen 3 in my life . I sent mine off and had the barrel and action Z coated . The factory finish was trying come off in places . Makes a great hunting Rig !

All Remington 700's from the time they came out in 1962, until sometime in the mid '70's, if they were a magnum caliber, had stainless barrels. Most say so in tiny letters under the caliber. Not all. This was done to minimize throat erosion from the overbore (magnum)calibers.If they are old enough that they have the pressed fleu de le checkering , they have stainless bbls. for sure. ALL the stainless bbl. ones I've shot shoot lights out!!! Big bore....little groups. Those are really nice guns.
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

My go to rifle is a Model 700 Classic in .35 Whelen. My left handed son shoots a Remington 7600 pump in .35 Whelen also. They both like the Federal Premium 225 gr Bear Claws and 250 gr Nosler reloads. Not the fastest round, but sure puts the whack on game.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

flightattendant100 wrote:
8ptbuk wrote:Nice Gun Keg ! Heres a pic of one of my 700 BDL Rifles , This one is kind of rare . It was made in the mid 60's and chambered in 300 Win MAG . It also has a factory stainless steel barrel on it which was unheard of in the 60's . Ive only seen 3 in my life . I sent mine off and had the barrel and action Z coated . The factory finish was trying come off in places . Makes a great hunting Rig !

All Remington 700's from the time they came out in 1962, until sometime in the mid '70's, if they were a magnum caliber, had stainless barrels. Most say so in tiny letters under the caliber. Not all. This was done to minimize throat erosion from the overbore (magnum)calibers.If they are old enough that they have the pressed fleu de le checkering , they have stainless bbls. for sure. ALL the stainless bbl. ones I've shot shoot lights out!!! Big bore....little groups. Those are really nice guns.
Mine has it stamped on the barrel , One way to tell these old stainless 700's at a glance is Remington TRIED to blue over the stainless Barrel and didn't do a very good job of it . So the finish tended to flake off after awhile . I've only seen 3 that had it stamped on the barrel and had the less than desirable blueing job I just described .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Drew

Post by Drew »

I've always wanted a Rem BDL or other variation of the 700, beautiful rifles, and I've never heard of one that couldn't shoot better than the shooter. And yes, the .300 Mag is a banger...I have a Ruger M77 ('89 or so I believe). A range session with that off the bench is usually a box of shells or less then flinching starts. Dad bought it for me, and he got the M77 with the mannlicher stock in 30-06. He was smart, and I wanted the cannon. I should have went with a .270 or 7mm.
Drew
2013 Matrix 355 Xtra
TT Single Stage
Nikon Bolt XR
Boo & Xcalibur flemish strings
18" BE Zombie Slayers
VPA 3-blade broadheads