Simply Perfect

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Patriot*

Simply Perfect

Post by Patriot* »

Oct 30th I shot my first two doe (1morning) (1evening) with my M/380 both double lung shots and 35-40 yard drops. On Nov 1st and Nov 15th (my 79 year old Moms bday) I took two more large doe and got very lucky on the morning of thanksgiving with yet another large doe. My wife was able to learn much about tracking as this deer left a heavy blood trail. A perfect time for her to learn and she did great. My goal is to get her to the point where she can shoot and track her own deer.

I am absolutely impressed with the accuracy and high quality of my Matrix 380. My wife is a new deer hunter (loves it) and is now the owner of a new Axiom. Last Friday I scooped up a Mirco 335 in Real Tree camo at my local bow store. Honestly we are having a really good time with cross bow hunting and will probably not hunt with rifles again unless we go out west. The appeal of calling deer in close to our stand and harvesting them close with the Xbow is much more challenging than a 100-200 yard rifle shot. JMHO.

Deer have been very active here in Western NC and we pretty much live on a Deer interstate. We are up high on a ridge so this certainly works to our sight and wind advantage. Most morning harvests have been between 7:30 and 9:30.

I cannot say how impressed I am with my Excalibur Xbows...."Simply Perfect" and we are totally sold. So now that the freezer is full, its time for a rack on the wall :D . I would like to accomplish this with the new Micro..we will see.

Good luck and safe hunts to all brother hunters this season!
Last edited by Patriot* on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
Patriot*

Re: Simply Perfect

Post by Patriot* »

Thanks Swamp! I am hunting every late afternoon I can regardless of weather. The Rut is on here and I cannot pass up a wall hanger lol.
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Congrats Patriot, way to stick it out. Good luck!
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Congrats!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

Congrats on your deer sounds like you are hooked also on the Excals they're fine xbows. My wife just became the owner of a Micro but she also hunts with her .243 which she will probably hunt with the rest of gun season except on Sundays when we have to use an xbow. Where you located at in Western N.C. I'm in the Foothills as they call it. Hope you continue to enjoy your Excals they're a real pleasure to shoot.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

Hester0305 wrote:Congrats on your deer sounds like you are hooked also on the Excals they're fine xbows. My wife just became the owner of a Micro but she also hunts with her .243 which she will probably hunt with the rest of gun season except on Sundays when we have to use an xbow. Where you located at in Western N.C. I'm in the Foothills as they call it. Hope you continue to enjoy your Excals they're a real pleasure to shoot.
Hester,
I am in Western Cleveland County...near Moss Lake. Had a funny evening last night. Watched two doe and a "wily" six point stand right behind them. Then he (the wily buck) promptly turned and walked straight away from me. I was 25 feet up in the air so they never saw me, but he also never presented himself so I laughed to myself quietly and let him walk. I am only after a buck and I am hoping on an 8 pointer my wife has spotted twice.
What would make it really great would be if SHE shot the 8 pointer for her first deer. That would be memory for a life time! She is an excellent shot so its not out of the question....we will see. :)

And yes, we are both totally hooked on Excalibur Cross Bows.."Simply Perfect"
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Oh yeah a double double congrat on thse 4 nice deer you killed. Excals be killin machines
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
dewy

Post by dewy »

Congrats on the Doubles Patriot!! I've been lucky to pull it off myself a few times and it makes for a busy day, however very rewarding as well. Best of luck on finding your wall hanger!
Micro 335
15" BEE's
125gr Shwackers
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Congratulations! . . . sounds like another addict! :lol:
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
Geodehunter

Post by Geodehunter »

Congrats for filling the freezer. It's great that your wife likes deer hunting also. You guy's will spend many memorable hours together out in the woods. The best part, Your both using Excalibur's.
In God I Trust!!!
Hunt hard & Hunt safe, Robbie
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Congrats !!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Patriot*

Post by Patriot* »

dewy wrote:Congrats on the Doubles Patriot!! I've been lucky to pull it off myself a few times and it makes for a busy day, however very rewarding as well. Best of luck on finding your wall hanger!
Thanks Dewy! Much appreciated. yes, I am seriously addicted to the Excaliburs.
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree