stringing struggle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rolandmartinez@

stringing struggle

Post by rolandmartinez@ »

I have no problem cocking my matrix 380. But I got a new rope today and went to put it on withe the Excalibur stringer, and my god!!! Im not kidding, I couldn't do it. All the videos you see on the net makes it look so easy.
paulaboutform

Re: stringing struggle

Post by paulaboutform »

You'll need to be more clear. What rope did you get? Changing the string or adjusting the brace height is very simple with a stringing aid. I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about....respectfully. Please elaborate.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ehntr

Post by ehntr »

1. Place the stringing aid on the bow at each limb tip.

2. Take most if not all of the slack out of the stringing aid or you will not be able to flex the limbs enough to remove/replace/twist your string. You will know if you have not removed enough slack from the string aid when you cannot remove your string. If that is the case, shorten the stringing aid some more.

3. Place your rope cocker hooks on the stringing aid as you would on your bow string, the rope behind the groove and draw up and cock the bow. Engage safety. Your string will now be loose and can be twisted or removed and replaced.

4. Ensure string is replaced before uncocking. Uncock your bow in the same manner as you would as if the bow were stringed.

5. Your new string will lengthen as it sets in. This will require you to use your stringing aid to take the tension off the string as above, twist the string and uncock the bow.

If you are unsure of this I suggest you ask more questions or bring your bow to someone who can show you how it is done.

Good luck!
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
strum

Post by strum »

if im understanding correctly ..you are trying to pull the stringer by hand?
I think the videos show that being done on the long limed bows..i use to do it with my Exomax . but with the matrix youll need to use the rope cocker
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

ehntr nailed it. Just do as he instructed. The trick definitely is to take as much slack out of stringer rope as possible AND use a cocking rope to pull the stringer to cocked position.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
GrassyKnoll

Post by GrassyKnoll »

strum wrote:if im understanding correctly ..you are trying to pull the stringer by hand?
I think the videos show that being done on the long limed bows..i use to do it with my Exomax . but with the matrix youll need to use the rope cocker
OMG..lol I tried that with my 405 and leather gloves on.. man was I in for a shocker.. I did not watch the videos and thought that I could do it by hand... Learned real quick to use the rope cocker in conjunction with the stringer..
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, Trigger Tech,
Matrix 380 Xtra with Vortex Viper XBR, ^^^
Matrix 380 Blackout with Vortex Viper XBR,
Micro 335 Raid with HHAv Vortex Crossfire II Pro Grade trigger
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm throwing this out too, and it comes into play more on the Micro than any other model i changed strings on. If you set the tool to really allow enough clearance to put a new string on, and have a hard time getting the tool on, assuming you have knotted the take up loops in the tool, just slip the knot out from under the take up loop, put the tool on the limbs, then reinsert the knot under the take up loop, or loops if you do both ends! Masboy, and I had talked about this, and then our sometimers made us forget! :shock: I rediscovered it when i got the Micro! :lol: :lol: Hope this is worded right to not be confusing.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

No matter which Excal you try this on........it will work. Set your stringing aid so you can just barely get it on the limbs. One and done......... :mrgreen:

I get rid of the plastic sleeve vs sliding it out of the way, ymmv............ :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"