OT - Atkins diet....

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

OT - Atkins diet....

Post by Woody Williams »

The Atkins diet has worked beyond my dreams.

I eat a LOT and still lose weight.

I've dropped from 198 1/2 down to 171 in 5 months.

Back to my fighting weight... :wink:
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

trade in that Exomag for a Bowie knife Woody.

you can run the buggers down now.... :wink:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Red Label wrote:trade in that Exomag for a Bowie knife Woody.

you can run the buggers down now.... :wink:

"Run"??

Friends say that I should take up jogging/running. I told them the only way I run is to have something chasing me and it had better be big and with teeth before I run :roll:
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
striper not logged in.

Post by striper not logged in. »

Woody: I have heard that the cholestrol count (the bad kind) drops while you are on the Atkins diet. Have you had yours checked? Striper?
Red Label

Post by Red Label »

Woody - what's the "Reader's Digest" version of the Atkins diet?

I don't know much about it. What kinda stuff do you eat?

Mike

Post by Guest »

Good going! I tried the Atkins diet, but I just could not stick with it. My kids are big time pasta eaters, and she cooks and shops to meet their food needs. I tried to plan my meals around theirs, but found myself going without eating to avoid starch-laden dinners.
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I made the post above.
Newbi

Post by Newbi »

It has worked for me too. I lost 31 pounds in 5 months. Then went off it for a while. Regained 8 Went back into the induction phase last week, hoping to lose another 15. Easiest diet I have ever tried. It's great for us carnivores! :lol:
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Do search on google for Atkins Diet. There is a ton of information out there..

The induction phase….

About the Atkins Diet Induction

The purpose of the first 2 weeks induction phase of the Atkins diet, as written in the Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution, is to start a change in you metabolism, to start your body burning fat rather than the carbohydrates, stabilize your blood sugar levels, and break addictions.

During the first two weeks you must eat no more than 20 grams of carbohydrate per day, the majority of which should come from vegetables and salads. You have to cut all breads, pasta, coffee, and alcohol, to mention but a few, from your diet. You may experience headaches, and other typical detoxification feelings during these weeks, but ultimately it is well worth while.

Foods allowed during first two week induction phase include:
·Fish, including: tuna, salmon, sole, trout
·Fowl, including: chicken, turkey, duck, goose
·Shellfish, including: lobster, squid, prawns
·Meats, including: pork, beef, lanb, bacon, ham
·Also: eggs, up to 90grams of most cheeses a day and 230-340 grams of salads.

Within a short space of time you find yourself in control of your diet, no longer sleepy after lunch, and feeling more energetic.
We strongly recommend buying both the Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and for help with cooking new meals, the Dr. Atkins New Carbohydrate Counter. Both are fairly cheap and provide a wealth of information on the induction and 1st two weeks.

http://www.thecolumn.org/atkins-diet/at ... -phase.asp

The book… (cheap)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... 69-2425414

Basically you are cutting out breads, sugars, starches, pastas, sweets, etc. At least for the first wto weeks. After that you can increase your carbs a little at a time.

There are lots of low carb foods out there now. I really like the low carb ice cream put out by Blue Bunny..
Woody Williams

Brampton Mike

Post by Brampton Mike »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Me go without my pot of coffee in the morning...I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!! So much for that diet...hell I gave up smoking 8 weeks ago but i'm not giving up my coffee!!!!! :lol: Time to go refill my cup!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: Brampton Mike 8)
If I can't hunt & fish in heaven....then I don't want to go!!!!!!!!!!

Vegetarian..............old Indian word for lousy hunter!
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Brampton Mike,

Actually you cut back on the caffiene and not coffee.

We bought the Half Caf stuff and adjustred rather well.

Yes, I NEED my coffee in teh morning too..
Woody Williams

Post by Guest »

I wish I weighed what Woody started out at 198 lbs., I would be a happy camper. :)
Regards,
Doug
Gary Dowdy

Cut fats and sugars

Post by Gary Dowdy »

I cut back on fat, sugar and dairy products and started a serious physical training program and went form 220# to 170# in a years time. My cholestrol dropped, too. I run, hike, bicycle and work out too much to cut too many carbs.

Congrats on your success, Woody!
excalibear

Post by excalibear »

CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS DIET. ATKINS IS TRULY AHEAD OF HIS TIME. LOST OVER 40 LBS IN THE LAST YEAR WITHOUT EXERCISING! I FEEL GREAT WHEN ON IT. PAPERBACK ISBN#0-06-001203-X THE BEST $10.00 I EVER SPENT
EX :wink:
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I started my second attempt at the Atkin's diet last Saturday. This diet is extremely hard to stay on if one has little children because grocery shopping and meals are planned around what they will eat, which, with my children, is pasta, pasta, pasta! I told my wife that I would in no uncertain terms deviate from this diet. I believe that part of the problem here that she is subconsciously sabotaging my attempts because she has had a serve problem with weight since having the kids, and does not want to be seen as the fat one in the family.

I want to reduce my weight because I have high blood pressure and sleep apnea bad enough to require sleeping with a CPAP machine (the blood pressure problem is caused by the sleep apnea problem). My family doctor told me that a ten percent reduction in weight would cut my apnea events in half. I still have a lot of muscle mass left from being a bodybuilder for fifteen years, so I will probably never break the two hundred pound threshold. I weighed two hundred and twenty-five pounds with six-percent body fat back in those days (I am 6’0” tall and currently wear a fifty jacket because of my chest, not my waist size and an 18.5” neck shirt).