MICRO QUESTION

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

confederate

MICRO QUESTION

Post by confederate »

Ive been shooting a Exocet 175 for about 10 years. I really like the looks of the Micro and the size of it. My question is this. How hard is the Micro to cock compared to what Im use too. Im 58 years old but in good shape. I guess im worried a little as I get older will I be able to cock it. Can some of you give me an idea or comparison?
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
xcaliber

Re: MICRO QUESTION

Post by xcaliber »

I had a Vortex, 200# and I have a Matrix 355, this is a bit harder than that at the end in terms of pounds, but it is short draw length, so it is over fast. I'm in my mid 50's, you'll be fine! You'll love it too! :D
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
confederate

Post by confederate »

I noticed that the Micro is 270 lbs. Ive been cocking 175 lbs, thats 95 lbs more. Seems like it would be a lot harder. I know its a lot shorter power stroke so maybe its not to bad. Just trying not to make a mistake.
Matrix 330
Micro Axe 340
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

confederate wrote:Ive been shooting a Exocet 175 for about 10 years. I really like the looks of the Micro and the size of it. My question is this. How hard is the Micro to cock compared to what Im use too. Im 58 years old but in good shape. I guess im worried a little as I get older will I be able to cock it. Can some of you give me an idea or comparison?

...I'm 56...two bad shoulders and back...remember the 9.50" power stroke...the way I have described the hand cocking process it is, "just as you are getting ready to say, "Holy S#%T" you hear, "click!""

...for me having the M380 also, I have opted on purchasing the C2 cocking aid for range use (never thought I would)! I know there has been some talk on this site about a separate Micro cocking aid...with the 2 bows I wanted something I could use with both...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Try to find one that you can try out! that will make your decision much easier
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Nutten wrong wid usin a C2 crank, Micro be easy as store bought Pie.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:Nutten wrong wid usin a C2 crank, Micro be easy as store bought Pie.

....with a strong dose of Louisiana Hot Sauce at the end! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Like Anthony said, right when you get to the point where you blow your back out, it's over! :lol: :lol:
Really, it is quite manageable. I'm 5'8" and in good shape, shot mine about 50 times in one session without any problems. I do believe there will be a Micro 300, or 305 coming out soon. They sold a lot of 175# models, so speed is not the only selling point here! :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Spect there will be a 365 Micro model wid 310 pull fer all of you fellas in good shape :) Myself be old n fat i will use my C2 crank on one when i buy it, 365 Micro that is!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Normous

Post by Normous »

vixenmaster wrote:Spect there will be a 365 Micro model wid 310 pull fer all of you fellas in good shape :) Myself be old n fat i will use my C2 crank on one when i buy it, 365 Micro that is!
I hope your right Mike :)
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family