Making flemish string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xcaliber

Re: Making flemish string

Post by xcaliber »

PM sent back. :wink:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
bikerbob24

Post by bikerbob24 »

wish I could do that , it is hard enough making a regular string with just one hand...having a stroke is not fun :x
Micro 335
Nightmare 335
Matrix 330
Axiom
Vixenmaster Flemish Strings
K-9 handler and trainer , K-9 Baily my partner for 7 years, we are now retired , spending our time hunting & fishing or just enjoying life.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

...listen the only twist I used to love to make were my Italian Deli days :shock: :shock: ...I used to make homemade mozzarella from fresh curd....we used to shape it into a twist!

....no need for me to try to do it and make a flemish twist string when there are quality crafters on this great forum....

...if I had that much time on my hands I might go back and read my high school chemistry, biology and calculus books....NOT!

ANthony :)
Last edited by amythntr on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mason34

Post by Mason34 »

I have always wanted to learn but in looks intimidating plus I would hate to make one wrong and it hurt my bow
Micro 335,Nikon Bolt, Xcaliber(Dan) strings and 15.5 Zombie Slayers!!
Bow Hunt Everything!!!!
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I started by making and remaking strings using cheap material until my weaving technique was down pat. Boo was most helpful with information and even string material along the way. Personally I like the clipped end, makes it look like a silencer rather than a fuzzed out string; and they are easier to make.
While Don and Danny make great products - and buying may even be cheaper than making your own - it's not the same satisfaction as using your own string (and self made arrows) to make the kill. Same reason I reloaded my won cartridges.....when I was a rifle hunter. :mrgreen:
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

X2
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Cossack wrote:I started by making and remaking strings using cheap material until my weaving technique was down pat. Boo was most helpful with information and even string material along the way. Personally I like the clipped end, makes it look like a silencer rather than a fuzzed out string; and they are easier to make.
While Don and Danny make great products - and buying may even be cheaper than making your own - it's not the same satisfaction as using your own string (and self made arrows) to make the kill. Same reason I reloaded my won cartridges.....when I was a rifle hunter. :mrgreen:
Well said. While opting to buy one from a string maker may be the easiest option, it's definitely not the funnest nor most satisfying option. By building your own you'll learn something new and be able to build and repair your own strings.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

ch312 wrote:
Cossack wrote:I started by making and remaking strings using cheap material until my weaving technique was down pat. Boo was most helpful with information and even string material along the way. Personally I like the clipped end, makes it look like a silencer rather than a fuzzed out string; and they are easier to make.
Well said. While opting to buy one from a string maker may be the easiest option, it's definitely not the funnest nor most satisfying option. By building your own you'll learn something new and be able to build and repair your own strings.
Very well said ! Another thing I find very satisfying is receiving pictures of game taken with my strings from around the Country .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Pintail

Post by Pintail »

Building your own strings is right up there with making your own arrows, knife building etc. It just adds to the total enjoyment of bow hunting.
Have crossbows will travel
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Pintail wrote:Building your own strings is right up there with making your own arrows, knife building etc. It just adds to the total enjoyment of bow hunting.

....fer sure Denis....Just can't seem to find any time these days!

Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family!

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....you know, all you guys are right making all the stuff your self!....I just me me a deer skin flap for my front and arse :shock: :shock: :shock: made me a homemade spear...and I'm gonna go out and kill my prey that way.... :( :(

....the way i figure it....when the deer saw this half naked shape coming through the woods they would just drop out of shock!! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Anthony :)

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

Thanks for all the replies. Winters can get long MN. and since I had to go on disability retirement in 97, I have a lot of time. Heck, once I get it down rite I will be able to make strings well watching the bobber in the fish house. :lol:
If nothing else I will have the satisfaction of saying I gave it a try. I have been practicing with some of the little lady's hobby string and feel I do this without blowing the bow up. If I ever figure this machine out I will post some pic's. you all to look at and maybe see what I'm doing wrong( maybe even rite).\
have a blessed day.
Have a blessed day
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

An attempthttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s246/tripnchip/IMG_0320.jpg?1419270815262&1419270815915 at posting pic's of one of the strings I have attempted.
Well that didn't work :lol:
Have a blessed day
tripNchip

Post by tripNchip »

A great board member sent me some string and I just finished my first Flemish with real string.
Do I put the serving on before or after stretching the string?
Have a blessed day
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Stretch it tight, let it settle, then mark serving length to center, remove 5 turns, thread serving in between bundles, tighten up the stretching jig and serve the string. Loosen jig and put back 7 turns.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!