Oh Big Sky Country!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

Oh Big Sky Country!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Had the pleasure of adventuring through the Great West!
I couldn't believe the diversity and beauty of Alberta!
In our travels we got to see many types of terrain and wildlife, we saw Richardson Ground Squirrells, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Coyotes, Black Bears Big Horn Sheep and some Elk, Cliff Swallows and Hawks. This we got the pleasure of seeing without really venturing off the beaten path. I could only imagine what you could do if you were actually trying to see wildlife!
I certainly fell in love with the idea of hunting an Elk! Man what a beautifull animal the Bulls are, we came across one feeding on the side of the Hwy and got a really good look at him. He was about twenty-five yards away and there was quite a large area for even me to sink an arrow! And the rack on him was huge! Beauties they are!
Four more provinces and I will have all of Canada under my belt! Each is beautifull in it's own way but as of yet I believe that Alberta has been the most diverse!
It's too bad we have to work to pay for the better things in life like adventuring and hunting! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
claude

Post by claude »

there is nothing in the world like having a big bull elk come in on a bugle
you get him in close and hes just screeming tearing up trees its a rush

Sherpa

Post by Guest »

Canada is a beautiful Country. I can attest to that. Buyt I thought Big Sky always refered to the town in Montana.
BUCKSHOT

Big Sky

Post by BUCKSHOT »

There may be a town called Big Sky somewhere, when we were out west one afternoon we were sitting in a beautifull spot, nice and sunny, watching a thunderstorm so far away that we could see the lightening but we couldn't hear the thunder. I thought that would qualify as big sky country! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!