a little history

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

greentag

a little history

Post by greentag »

i just wanted to say that this november was my ninth year owning my exomax,and it has been great! I get on here from time to time to mainly read and keep up with the changing times,but here recently ive been coming here looking more and more.first off let me say that nine years ago i heard that there was a crossbow shooting 350 feet per second and at that time it was un heard of,it came from word of mouth,as i didnt even have the internet back then,so i did a little research on this company called excaliber and there new 225 pound pull crossbow,no were i lived in KY had any of them and i was determined to find one,this led me to danny millers phone number,i called danny and ordered a exomax and me being new to crossbows(i was worried about setting up the scope)Danny said it would be sighted in and good to go when i get it,and boy was it ever!Back then the hot arrows were gold tips with 4 inch veins and aluminum nocks,this was the most accurate bow i had seen,plus shooting 350 fps it was great.over the years i would always order strings and arrows from danny,Now to this day i still dont even know what danny looks like but if it had to do with crossbows,he was the man to call,plus i always enjoyed listening to him,me trying to buy something i thought would be cool,for him to tell me i did'nt need it,even though i would be buying it from him,you just dont find honest,knowledgable people like him often who are really there to sell you something,any way a while back i called danny to order some arrows,i told him what i wanted(the usual i was shooting) and he said,you wanna try something different,that i promise will be more accurate.i said yeah and he asked me what bow i would be shooting them out of and he said he would get em made,a few days later i opened one of his white boxes that says custom arrows on it,and there was some black eagle exacutioners with little tiny blazer veins turned kinda like the rifling on a gun,some brass inserts,and a black platic nock on the back,they were beutiful.now to the fun part shooting them,these things were amazing,i thought my exomax was accurate before,with these i could shoot a sticker smaller than a quater with every shot out to fifty yards and have been shooting them since,although ive killed a few deer with it,my main thing is turkey hunting,(im addicted to it)and although im guilty of killing alot with my shotgun,its fall crossbow hunting that ive really grown fond of.here in ky we are allowed 2 in the spring and 4 in the fall,and usually i tag out every year with the 4 in the fall coming from my trusted exomax.i love my exomax,soon as a turkey gets 50 yards from me i know that it is going to get it,and while i will never sell my exomax(it has a special place in my heart) lately i checked this site and laid my eyes on the new micro and have been lusting for one ever since.i have made my mind up,when tax time comes i will have one,im just tore over what color,so every day i look here to see if anyone has put any pics up to sway me one way or the other.any way i have rambled enough,thank you all for being so cool and putting pics of your bows up and sharing all your knowledge,although i have never really posted anything i have truly learned alot here and for that i say thanks,and thanks to excaliber for the most accurate crossbows in the world!and if anybody has any pics of there micros dont feel bashful about showing them it may just help some ole country boy like me decide on what color he will be getting in the new year Merry Christmas y'all..
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
20" Black Eagle Executioner's with Blazers
100 grain 2" Swackers
(why such wide limbs you ask?.......cause chicks dig em!)
one shot scott

Re: a little history

Post by one shot scott »

Welcome to the forum man, good to see ya and that was a good read. Yes, this place is hard on the wallet. Always new toys coming out
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Welcome and what a great post. X2 on Danny Miller being a one of a kind. You have been in good hands. Be safe and have a ball.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

X3 on the Danny Miller experience .
There is no such thing as a short phone call with him . :shock: :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Doe Master wrote:X3 on the Danny Miller experience .
There is no such thing as a short phone call with him . :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
canoe13

Post by canoe13 »

Hey thanks for sharing your story and on choosing a Micro ; I would go with the black as it has a nice textured feel to it. I love mine.
Mag Air
Sig Sauer Romeo 5
Excalibur Quills
Tooth of the Arrow broadheads
Vixenmaster strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

What part of ky are u from ? I'm over close to Wicklife on the other side of the river if u would like to shoot a camo micro. :wink:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
Waif

Post by Waif »

Welcome , and great post.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, I love Danny's stories too, heck of a nice guy. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

X5 on Danny! Welcome to the forum and great post!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....Welcome aboard!....I loved reading your post...spoke to "our partner" just today...Had my package out in the mail before my CC payment went through....

....as far as which one to get......I have the Blackout M380 and the Micro 335....If I had to be honest....I should have gotten the Nightmare....

With the Blackout I feel very stealth :lol: :lol: :lol: If you saw me stealth would not be the first word that would come to mind....

...in any event no matter what you choose you won't be sorry....to me any color flemish string combination looks soooooooooo cool 8) 8) 8) with the "nightmare."

Nice to have you as part of the forum.

Best,

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
greentag

Post by greentag »

Mo wannabe wrote:What part of ky are u from ? I'm over close to Wicklife on the other side of the river if u would like to shoot a camo micro. :wink:
i live in a little town about 60 miles south of lexington,thanks for the offer,ill be shooting either one of those or a black one very shortly,they look as though they are everything youd ever want in a crossbow,small,RECURVE,powerful and narrow,and if they shoot as good as mine,(im sure they do,they do have excaliber dna) it will be awsome.cant wait! :wink:
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
greentag

Post by greentag »

amythntr wrote:....Welcome aboard!....I loved reading your post...spoke to "our partner" just today...Had my package out in the mail before my CC payment went through....

....as far as which one to get......I have the Blackout M380 and the Micro 335....If I had to be honest....I should have gotten the Nightmare....

With the Blackout I feel very stealth :lol: :lol: :lol: If you saw me stealth would not be the first word that would come to mind....

...in any event no matter what you choose you won't be sorry....to me any color flemish string combination looks soooooooooo cool 8) 8) 8) with the "nightmare."

Nice to have you as part of the forum.

Best,

Anthony :)
yeah i started out thinking camo,but after seeing alot of pics,watching a guy unbox one on youtube,and seeing another new pic of one today,im started to lean that way to.the one i saw today had a black and orange flemmish string on it.it looked like it was ready for halloween and anything else,it looked really good!just this part of it is fun,it reminds me of tracking my exo down,people would say just get a barnett,just get this,but i new what i wanted and tracked it down,that just made it more fun,now the ones that was telling me to get this or that are on their third or fourth one,a freind called me a few weeks ago said he got a new crossbow and wanted me to come and shoot some and help him set his scope. it was a gost 350 or something like that,mine shot circles around it,we never could get it to hold zereo,we checked all the mounts,checked all the usual suspects and decided it had to be the scope,plus a certain way you could move your head the scope would be a little blury kinda like paralex but not really.i asked him when are you gonna learn and just get a excaliber?he said he didnt really have the money to be able to get one that this one was xxx amount. i told to think about it, that was his third one in the time ive had my exomax,thats more than what it cost to save up and do it once and your done.. :wink: he called me about a week later and said it was the scope,they had sent him a new one and its shooting good.i told him next time i come over id bring mine and we would shoot some more. ive got a feeling it still aint shooting good enough to out shoot my ole dinosour!!
2004 Exomax
same ole Varizone
Danny Miller's strings
100 grain 2" Swackers
wabi

Post by wabi »

Welcome to the forum!

I'll vote for the Nightmare.
wabi
coolhl

Post by coolhl »

Welcome.
I got my micro nightmare from Danny Miller and couldn't be happier.
norm