GAME CAMERA USERS!! !!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Patriot*

Re: GAME CAMERA USERS!! !!

Post by Patriot* »

retrieverman wrote:
bubba wrote:Retreiever man how much do those brownings run?
I bought mine from Trailcampro.com, and they were about $130. I highly recommend these cameras and Trailcampro.com (they are a wealth of information).
You are right Trailcampro has a good website. Thanks!
Genesis 27:3
M/380 xtra Real Tree
Micro 335 Real Tree
Micro 335 Nightmare
Axiom 305 Real Tree
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Moultrie M 80 , for me used it for a few years now with no problems and good battery life
W.M.
Mister B

Post by Mister B »

Just my two cents worth. I've tried them all except the Reconix. Finally settled on Spypoint. It's been like Maytag for me. They cover you good if you have problems too. The Moultrie digital screens have gone out on all the units I have tried. They keep taking pictures but you can't change any settings, time, date, etc. I have several on the shelf that still work but you can't set them up. Wild game units were the worst. Next worse was Remington. You just have to take your chances with any of them. Those ten year old kids assembling all of them in China have bad days and we pay for it in bad merchandise. Spy point so far has held up better in cold weather too.. Cheers
Micro nightmare (Mini Pearl)
Matrix 355 (the Shrike)
Matrix 330 (the Mini-Mag)
Rage Extreme & slick trick mag BH
Diablo arrows with 2"blazers and Laser II and
BE executioners with 3" Duravanes
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

Moultrie for me. 2 yrs no problem long batt. life :D
W.M.
Sopchoppy

Post by Sopchoppy »

Now, my best are 5 Browning Recon Force. Great battery life, quick trigger, good range on detection and flash. Had 3 stolen from behind my house last Christmas, now all 5 are in lock boxes. The original Bushnell Trophy Cam was my favorite until it got hit by a pileated woodpecker. By far the worst was a Covert MP6, dark daytime pics and runaway trigger, battery eater put it into retirement. I drank the koolaide being served on a trail cam site where the posted pics were enhanced to look unbelievably clear, and all problems were user error based on numerous Covert "pro staff" member's comments. Had brief success with Spypoint but all 3 turned into runaway triggers. Had 4 Wildgame Innovations and all had black or red pictures within a month. Swore off Stealth cams years ago. If I was going to buy another cam today, it would be a Browning.
Vortex
Gold Tip Laser II's
Slick Trick Broadheads
Viper X String
Groundpounder Mount
STS
Lumi-Zone
Perforator

Post by Perforator »

I don't usually get sucked into cheap stuff. I try to research enough to get something that will work well enough to justify the expense. Decent trail cams were pretty expensive and what with them having a habit of walking off in the night I waited.
I read many reviews(trailcams is a good site), kept waiting, finally one of the top rated, a Browning Range Ops was only $130 on Amazon.ca.

At this price I won't be so angry if some weasel makes off with it, damn things are expensive up here.
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks everyone for your ideas they were very helpful.. I have decided to get one of each Moultrie -880 and the Bushnell 6mp, Again thanks for all the help.. In a few months I'll do a follow up and posts how they work for me..See ya........
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
ohioexocetfan

Post by ohioexocetfan »

Cabela's had a deal on the new Browning Range Ops... $60. (about half off) I have one currently and love it. Use it since spring and battery life still at like 60% or more. Pics are a little grainy at night, but trigger is quick (<1 sec) and can see what times things are coming thru and if they have a rack or not. That's all I need.
THE ORIGINAL
Exocet 200
100g 1" Slick Tricks
GTII w/ 2" Blazer vanes
Boo "Ohio State" string

THE UPGRADE
Matrix 380
Hawke Pro 30
100g 2" Swhackers
18" Executioners w/ 2" Blazers
Mike Collins string
Big58cal

Post by Big58cal »

I'm currently running 23 cameras down on our farm. The majority are Moultrie D-55 and D55i. I've got one old Bushnell that has been a war horse. That thing just won't die! :lol: It's been taking pictures year-round for about 5 years now I think. I think I've got 1 Moultrie D-555i, 4 Moultrie D-50's, 5 Moultrie D-55i's, 2 Moultrie A-5's, 2 Moultrie D-333's, and 3 Moultrie D-55's. The D-55's and the D-50's were bought reconditioned from Moultrie. I had 4 of the D-55's, but one spent about a week submerged in water at the upper end of a pond a couple years ago. :oops: They don't tend to work too well after that. :lol:

The worst cameras we've got down there are the Wildgame Innovations. :x My brother bought 8 of them on sale less than a year ago. Of the 8, I think 5 are still running.

I keep all of the cameras out year-round. One of the Moultrie D-55i's has been running for probably 4 years now, taking anywhere from 500 - 1,000 pictures a week.

Some of the cameras I've got on trails, some on logging roads, some at funnels, and some at bait/mineral stations. From the 23 cameras, I'll get anywhere between 2,000 and 10,000 pictures a week (depending on the time of year). I've got 16 gig cards in all of the cameras and replace the batteries when they get down to 1 bar or 30% so I don't have to worry about missing any pictures.

With that kind of heavy usage, you would expect the cameras to crap out sooner than they do. As I said, the Wildgame Innovation cameras do crap out pretty quick, but (knock on wood...) I've yet to have any of the Moultries quit on me (except the one that was underwater). :D

Go to Moultrie's web site and sign up for their newsletters. They'll send you emails on camera sales that they're having. The D-50's I got were reconditioned old "flash" cameras, but they were $30 each and buy-one-get-one free. I figured at that price I couldn't go wrong!
The Only Purpose Of Bread Is To Hold Meat!

Common Sense Isn't Common Any More..........

"Salad isn't food. Salad is what food eats." --- Ellwoodjake

I'm a second-hand vegetarian. Deer eat vegetables, I eat deer.
antler fool

Post by antler fool »

I have one Bushnell that has been taking pictures non stop since 2009,it's the first Trophy Cam they made. It's been out in a hurricane, heavy snow and about everything else imaginable. Another Bushnell Trophy Cam that's working okay so far, a couple of older Moultrie's m80's that run okay but like to eat up batteries fast. Also have a Reconyx that's also going strong since 2009 but it did have to go back in for repair last year. Reconyx fixed the camera for me for only the price of the parts which was low even though it was out of warranty for four years. The Reconyx cameras are made in America, they are pricey but they are picture taking machines with a super fast trigger speed.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

I have had the best luck with the Wildgame Innovations Cameras. They are on sale now at Field and Stream. Dick's Sporting Goods also carry them, I haven't checked but since they own Field and Stream they probably have the same deals. You can get the rechargeable battery pack that goes with them as well. The newer units take the smaller 2AA size batteries or you can go with the battery pack which will last a long time between recharging.

Their customer service is also top notch.
nyexhunter

Post by nyexhunter »

Wildgame Innovations Rage 6 Trail Camera - 6MP
$49.98 $99.99*
Save $50.01 (50%)
4.2 / 5
40 reviews

Here is one of the WGI cameras on the DSG web site. There are other models, for the price these cameras do well.
Talltines

Post by Talltines »

Moultrie M-80 was the one moultrie camera that I have been using for years now with no problems at all. But my moultrie 555i has been sent back a few times and replaced once already. It also stops taking pictures for some odd reason even with good battery life.

My friend at work swears by wildgame cameras. He has been using them for years with no issues noted. I am trying my first one now so hope it works out as well.
Scorpyd SLP 165. For now but not for long
New Matrix 405

T/C Encore's MGM 14" 445 supermag
Gary Reeder 16" 41 GNR #2 Encore
Hobie Outback for hitting the Salt.

Too many hobbies and never enough time
bubba

Post by bubba »

Thanks again guy's and girl's for all the info... and riverman and a few others have mentioned Trailcampro, which I've looked up and really like.. NO favorites in there reviews and I like that!!! Again Happy Holiday's to you all......Bubba.......
Matrix, 355. Hawke Xb-30 Pro. Ibex, Nikon Bolt. Strings By Boo, Nchunter, Zombies & Spynal Tapps From South Shore Archery,Now Built By My Son, N.A.P. Spitfire XXX and Magnus Black Hornets. (Fight Hard..Love Fast.. Die Young..)
DanO

Post by DanO »

I bought a refurbished Uway NightTrakker Nt50 from Uway for $120 plus shipping and tax. It lasted one week then started to fire randomly and often . I'm currently trying to get a refund.

I bought a Cuddeback for its quick trigger (0.25 s) and it's been very good so far. Easy on batteries and awesome pics.
Dan O.
If you're not part of the solution, you might be part of the problem.