Beverley Swamp

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

canuk

Beverley Swamp

Post by canuk »

Hello

I have been trying my luck hunting in the Beverley swamp for deer and have seen many tracks and sign - anyone else visit this area recently? I am new to hunting and it has been a learning experience so far!

Any tips would be most appreciated!

Canuk
ehntr

Re: Beverley Swamp

Post by ehntr »

Jed left Beverly for a reason. JK. I know nothing of the area.....not my neck-o-the-woods. Check this link: http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... php?p=3544
E/M/MOBUI330 (Finn-esse)
E/M/N335 (Finn-bad)
Click "User Control Panel", "Profile", Location: (you don't have to tell everyone you're "in a van down by the river") but for Pete's sake, what state/prov or country are you in?
galamb

Post by galamb »

If you are talking about the Beverly Swamp kinda half way between Cambridge and Hamilton Ontario, then yes, I hunted it (private land in the area) for 5 or 6 years that I lived in Cambridge.

Got a deer every year in either the bow or the controlled shotgun.

I moved to eastern Ontario a little over 5 years back, but when I was there it was tough to walk the property I was on and "not" see deer.

You need to set up and sit still PLUS give them a reason to come to you. A flavoured salt block and a bit of feed will get them frequenting a particular spot - then you just have to get lucky enough to get one to stop by while you happen to be there.

It's called deer "hunting" because it requires patience, otherwise it would be renamed "deer killing" :lol:
Graham

Micro 340TD, 17" Gold Tip Ballistics (180 gr inserts) - 125 gr Iron Will/VPA/TOTA (504 grains total/21.6% FOC) @ 301 FPS
Dale

Post by Dale »

I am new to deer hunting this year as well. Also live in Cambridge. I'm fortunate to have an experienced deer hunter share his hunting grounds with me , and show me the ropes. I've seen 5 deer, but not that I could get a shot at. This area is south east of Cambridge. But yes. The stars must line up just right, and your mother-in-law must smile on you for a deer to present itself for a shot. Just saying.
Exomax
Easton 2219 bolts
150 grain Bolt cutters